- I feel the need to deeply apologize for being "That annoying girl with a blog" for many years. I will confess that one recent sleepless night, I went through my twitter account and deleted a ton of tweets that were basically begging people to read my posts. I was trying to turn this thing into something that would bring in a significant amount of income. As you can guess by my many recent posts, it never happened. But stepping away for a long time helped me realize the value of what this blog could be.
- From here on out, this is going to be a space for me to document the little moments that happen in our lives. Not because I'm trying to advertise them to the world, but because I want to look back and remember sweet memories. No more obnoxious, self-promoting social media blasts (unless it's something super important. Then obviously I will shamelessly blow up your twitter and facebook feeds).
- I started a new job, and it's the best thing that has ever happened in my career. I'm an elementary music teacher, and I couldn't love my job more. I nearly stepped away from teaching last year when we moved down here, but I knew God was telling me to give it one last shot. I'm so glad I listened.
- It took a really long time (almost a year) for me to get into a groove here in Houston. In hindsight, I really think I struggled with depression the first few months we were here. I guess having a baby, selling your house, leaving all of your friends, and starting fresh can do that to some people. But I'm in a much better place now, by God's grace.
- I can't wait to post about Emmett in the near future. He's talking, walking/running, and doing the most hilarious things ALL THE TIME. His daddy and I are more smitten than ever with this kiddo.
- Speaking of kiddos, if you aren't following me on social media, you're the last person to find out that we're having another baby! Due date is May 5th, but today I learned that this one will be a scheduled C-section, so it will probably be born in April. We find out in a few weeks what we're having, so I'll be sure to give you an update.
Okay, I think that's everything for now. Have a happy weekend!