I haven't blogged since August 23rd. Dang, I've got to get better at this. I was so consistent for a while there. I'm pretty sure I'll be blogging quite a bit in the near future, especially because of the gazillion life changes I'll be going through!
So here's a recap of what's happened since August 23rd...
- I had my senior recital
- DJ and I got back together
- I turned 23 (I just almost typed 22... that shows you how my brain won't function anymore) and was admitted into the teacher education program on the same day.
- I got dropped (for those of you non-OBU-ers, it's a good thing... It's similar to getting "pinned" by a guy in a fraternity). What's cool is that my mom got dropped by my dad too.
- I got engaged on January 12th!!!!
- I started student teaching... I spent 7 weeks at Malvern High School, and I'm finishing up at Malvern Elementary School in 2 weeks!
- I have been planning our wedding with my mom... It's been interesting with her being 8 hours away!
So that's been my life in a nutshell. Here are the things I'm looking forward to in the (very) near future:
- A job interview THIS Friday, the 22nd
- Finishing my student teaching
- Graduating from college (after 5 years and 183 hours... yes, I realize that's enough to have a Masters degree)
- Working as the Worship Intern at Tallowood Baptist Church
- Family Reunions
- THE WEDDING!!!!
Wow, this has been quite an eventful school year! It definitely did not start off the way I had hoped, but the Lord has blessed me in ways that I would have never imagined. He is SO good.