Leslyn's Lovely Life: Apple Spice Cake

Monday, January 9, 2012

Apple Spice Cake

It's been a while! I actually had the amazing opportunity to watch one of my best friends and former college roommate compete in the Miss America pageant! Unfortunately, I didn't have internet access while I was there, so I have a lot of blogging to catch up on!

Last semester, I had the privilege of being a part of an amazing bible study. It's called Apples of Gold, where 6 young married women were mentored by women who had been married for a while. It was so much fun- we cooked, we studied God's word, ate, laughed, cried, and so on.

One of the desserts we learned to make was Apple Spice Cake. Now, if you know my husband, he is an apple lover. He is very predictable when we are ordering desserts anywhere, because if there is anything that contains apples, he will order it. So I decided to make a little something for him. It's super easy! All you need are 3 things:

Spice Cake Mix
1 can apple pie filling
Cream Cheese frosting.

1. Bake the spice cake according to directions on the box.

2. After the cakes are baked, let them cool for a while (so the frosting won't melt off).



3. Put one of the cakes on a platter or cake stand. Cut a little "swimming pool" (as I like to call it) into the top of the cake. This will create the perfect little spot for the apple pie filling.



4. Make sure that the apples in the pie filling are cut small, and pour most of the filling into the swimming pool (the rest is for garnish).






5. Put the next layer of cake on top of the swimming pool of apples.



You just know this is going to be yummy....



6. Frost the cake with cream cheese icing, garnish with rest of apple pie filling and cinnamon, if you would like.



Holy cow. Just look at it. It's divine. One of my new favorite desserts. And it's so simple!



Enjoy! :)


P.S. That last picture is my week 2 entry for P52... I didn't officially get to submit it because I didn't have internet access.... But it's my picture that represents "Made With Love".
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I choose a cake too, for today's prompt. Your recipe sounds delicious.

http://www.saltandsparkle.com/home/2012/1/18/birthday-cake-made-with-love-p52.html