Leslyn's Lovely Life: Chicken with Grapes and Thyme

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chicken with Grapes and Thyme

So my husband is more of a compulsive shopper than I am. IF you know me at all, it is surprising that anybody could be more compulsive than I am. Anyways, he came home with a recipe book where all of the recipes were under 400 calories. I thought that there was no way that any of the recipes COULD taste good. Then I tried this.



Oh. My. Gosh. This was quite possibly one of THE yummiest things I have ever eaten. And it's only 290 calories!!! We will DEFINITELY be making this again.

INGREDIENTS:
2 t olive oil
4 chicken breasts
1/2 t freshly ground pepper
1/4 t salt
2 cups seedless red grapes
1 T chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 t dried)
4 large shallots, peeled, quartered

1. Heat oven to 425. In ovenproof skillet, heat 1 t of the oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Add chicken to skillet; cook 4 minutes on each side (only turn once!!). Remove skillet from heat.

2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix rest of oil, the grapes, thyme and shallots. Spoon grape mixture around chicken in skillet. Bake uncovered for 22-25 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear.

3. To serve, spoon grape mixture and shallots evenly over chicken.


Enjoy!!

xoxo
Les

google
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

1 comment:

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Wow, that sounds yummy and easy to make. I think I just found dinner tonight, thanks for sharing.