Leslyn's Lovely Life: Extreme Makeover: Laundry Room Edition

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Extreme Makeover: Laundry Room Edition

Over the past 3 weeks, our house has changed in a dramatic way. EVERYTHING in our house finally has a perfect little spot where it belongs. We have painted, de-cluttered, re-organized and repurposed things in EVERY room in our house. I would say that the laundry room was one of the bigger transformations. Let me forewarn you: the before pictures are embarrassing. And I vow to never let any room in my house look like this. Ever. Again.

BEFORE



The youth minister and his wife were gracious enough to give us a washer, dryer AND fridge! They have been such a blessing to us since before we were married! As you can see (sitting on top of the dryer), there are 3 shelves that were sitting in my parents' garage. I knew I could give them a purpose!



This side is TERRIBLE. This room was a dump. Everything was cluttered, and what should have been my folding area was covered by a bunch of junk. What's even worse is that most people walk through this room to get into our house, and it looked like that for so long. Also, that black coat-hanger thing looked TERRIBLE up close (thanks to my spray painting skills... or lack thereof).



Atrocious. And humiliating. That sums it up.


AFTER:



Nothing is on top of the washer or dryer!



I can actually fold clothes in my laundry room now! Woohoo! We threw a lot of the "countertop clutter" away, and the rest of it went in a perfect little spot in the cabinets.



DJ painted the black coat hanger, we are storing gloves and other miscellaneous items in the baskets. Also, I did a crayon art project that is now on display!

Much better. Wouldn't you agree?

xoxo
Leslyn
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

No comments: