Leslyn's Lovely Life: Extreme Makeover: Living Room Edition

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Extreme Makeover: Living Room Edition

As many of you know, I am very limited with what I can do to make my house attractive. When we moved everything into our home (5 days before our wedding), I was not thinking clearly (hello, what bride does?!), and I thought that EVERYTHING needed to be symmetrical and against the wall. Well, I'm sorry, but I got bored with symmetry. So we decided to completely transform this ancient white bookshelf from IKEA into something more fun (you'll see pictures below), and we put it in the corner of our living room. Before we knew it, our Christmas tree was up and our living room looked like heaven. I went into a state of mourning when I had to take the tree down less than 2 weeks ago (terrible, I know). I finally decided to make a serious change yesterday. My first step? Buy an awesome chair.




Then I had to drive through town with it hanging out of my trunk... Thank goodness for fishing line (courtesy of the furniture place... Please, like I have fishing line). I think this picture is proof that I totally need to get a Sequoia or something. ;)



Once I put the chair in the house, I decided I probably needed to take some before pictures.... It just looks so... Vanilla.













Unacceptable. So with the help of my precious husband, we rearranged EVERYTHING (except the TV, which has to stay in the same spot).









I had to take a picture of this bookshelf with the flash on... You really need to see how much the color pops! :)



I must admit, I'm proud of my new living room. It feels so much better. Now I'm just trying to decide whether or not to put anything behind the caddy corner couch? DJ has ruled out plants (which was the only thing I could think of), so if you have any ideas, please share!

-Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png