Leslyn's Lovely Life: Sewing projects thus far...

Friday, January 27, 2012

Sewing projects thus far...

Hello my sweet friends!

As I shared last week, I learned to sew. I never thought that I would ever say those words- I used to think that sewing was only for old ladies. Boy, was I wrong!

My first little project was a pouch for crocheting and knitting needles. Here is the big reveal!







I am kind of proud of them! :) I think I'm going to make one more for my make-up brushes, then I will be set!

Next up, I turned some throw pillows from this...



Into this.



As I mentioned, our guest room is getting a serious makeover! This is just the beginning.

Yes, I realize that everything I have made so far is kind of "plain jane". However, I'm trying to ensure that I don't have this panic-y feeling every time I push my foot on the pedal (yes, that still happens. Every time) before I take on something super challening (like something I would actually wear).

I've decided that I am going to make the duvet cover, which is super scary and exciting at the same time. My only problem is that I need to find 15 yards of white fabric for less than $100. Who knows- my guest room might look completely different by the end of February! I'm hoping so! :)

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

2 comments:

Karalynn said...

hello. i met you once at tallowood a while ago so not sure if you'd remember me but i follow your blog and i enjoy it. i know how to sew so i figured i could give you some tips if you'd like because i've made my own duvet before. there are tons of coupons for stores like hancocks and hobby lobby (i forgot the other fabric store) so if you look closely you can usually find coupons which help a lot. also, sewing with big fabric can be tricky but just imagine it to be smaller and take it slow because mistakes are more of a pain to undo although the thing with sewing is that all mistakes can be fixed. good luck!!!!

Les said...

Karalynn! Of course I remember you! I'm so glad that you enjoy the blog! Thank you for those tips- I'm super excited about making the duvet!

Are you still in France??