Leslyn's Lovely Life: Weekend Recap

Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Wow, when I say that this was a busy weekend, that would be a huge understatement!

Friday night, DJ and I began the whole deep cleaning process of our house. I finished a fun corner art piece to go behind my newly rearranged couch. I really love it, and it adds some interest to what was a bland corner.



Saturday, I finished the deep cleaning process, and my father-in-law brought this beauty over to our house.



Yes, he built this (along with the help of DJ's younger brother). How AWESOME is that?! I showed them a pin that I found on pinterest of this awesome kitchen island that I wanted to build, and they found all of the dimensions here. How incredible are they?! It just makes the room look infinitely better.

Then, I learned how to sew! One of the mentors from my bible study came over to my house and taught me how to sew! I made two pouches- one for my knitting needles, and one for my crocheting needles. Of course, there were a few little errors here and there, but I completed my project! I don't have pictures of the pouches yet... stay tuned! :)

We had Jacks Man over on Saturday night, cooked a big meal (with the help of my wonderful new kitchen island), watched tractor videos on youtube, made roads in our house out of masking tape, and he played in a bubble bath for almost an hour.

Sunday, we were at DJ's house, and then DJ's sister and nephew came over and hung out until about 9:30. This weekend was definitely BUSY, but oh so fun.

Hope yours was wonderful!
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

3 comments:

cal+claire said...

I want pictures of your sewing excursion! I attempted to make RB a onesie recently which no luck haha, my dimensions were apparently not correct. Next time!

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

One my gosh that island is gorgeous! i love the racks under it, so cool!

Les said...

Claire- I finally posted the pictures of my sewing projects! Woohoo!

Britt- Thanks so much! It has been such an awesome addition to our kitchen- and it was so inexpensive! I would definitely recommend building one if you have the tools available... Who wants to spend over $1000 on an island from Pottery Barn, anyways? ;)