Leslyn's Lovely Life: A Closet Makeover

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Closet Makeover

My husband is one of those tidy people. At the beginning of our marriage, I was the slob. However, I've completely transformed my thinking (and my house), and now I am slightly obsessed with organization. The one place in our house that was left unorganized was my husband's closet (disclaimer: We have absolutely zero overhead lighting in our bedroom. And we have teeny tiny windows that don't let any light in. So I apologize for the quality of some of the photos).



Look at that.... It's not fun. There were piles of junk everywhere, "like" items were nowhere near each other, and it was just one big hot mess.


Here's a picture of the top of his closet. No bueno.

So we pulled EVERYTHING out of the closet and threw it on the bed (actually, not all of it fit on the bed!).



Then we started sorting. He parted with a ton of clothes that he didn't want anymore. We put all of the duffel bags in a stack, and were able to store them with our fancier luggage. All of his shoe stuff went together in one box. All of his pictures went into our photo box (a post that I'm already looking forward to!).

The final result was this!



Yes, I must say I'm very proud of myself. I even color coordinated his shirts (and sorted them into solids and prints... I told you I've gotten OCD!). And the entire project took less than an hour.

xoxo
Les

3/3/12 update: I'm submitting this (and another project) to iheartorganizing's link party! You should link up too! :)

IHeart Organizing
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

No comments: