Leslyn's Lovely Life: Fun Project Reveal!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fun Project Reveal!

Okay folks, this project has been a VERY long time coming... This is my finished result for my bedroom decor!



I made this piece out of toilet paper rolls. So glamorous, I know. Right after DJ and I got married, I wanted to make a wreath out of toilet paper rolls. It was a fun little project, and the wreath hung in our guest bedroom. However, it looked kinda misplaced in there- so I decided to continue collecting toilet paper & paper towel rolls, and finally, after almost 6 months of marriage, we had enough to do this project!



I began by cutting the rolls into 3 parts. Then, I used a hot glue gun to make little "flowers" (I am only calling them that because I couldn't come up with another name). Then, I glued 5 of the flower thingies in a row. After that, I finally attached them all! We went to Wal-Mart, spent $2 on 2 cans of black spray paint, and $1 on tarp. It took me two days to paint it, because after I used the first can of spray paint, the torrential downpour began (it seems like we've had a lot of those lately). So I finished painting it today. Even though the spray paint seriously messed up my really pretty manicure, I would say that this project was worth it.




Here's the before....



And the after!




I finally feel like our bedroom is complete. Who knew that toilet paper rolls would fix that problem? :)

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

No comments: