Leslyn's Lovely Life: Antique Desk

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Antique Desk

Have you ever had one of those pieces of furniture that means a lot to you? Well, my husband and I inherited this fabulous piece of furniture shortly before we got married. It belonged to his precious grandfather, who passed away a year and a half ago. We always get compliments on this piece of furniture, but we didn't always use it to our advantage.


For about 5 months, it was one of those things that collected a bunch of knick knacks, and it didn't have much of a purpose (besides being stunning, of course). Then I got on my big organizing kick and realized that something had to be done with this space. So I made it over and it turned into our little business center.



First of all, it holds all of our coupons. My couponing skills are way below average, but I clip coupons anytime I see them. I have three envelopes that I decorated with scrap paper. They have the following labels on them: "Stores & Restaurants" (for the specific places where I have to use the coupons), "Coupons" (for the manufacturers coupons), and "This Trip" (for the coupons that I will take with me on my next shopping trip). I sort through my coupons on a weekly basis, and whenever I have them all ready for my shopping trip, I just tuck my envelope into my planner (which contains my shopping list), and I'm set!



Next, I have a binder that manages all of our finances. I have a chart that lists all of our monthly bills and when they are due. Then I keep all of our monthly bank statements in the binder as well. As soon as we get any bills, I write the check and put them in the envelope (and I write down when each bill is due so I make sure it is sent a few days in advance). On the right side, we have our "mail center" with envelopes, stamps, etc.

Lastly, we have a small accordion file that holds deposit slips (that get sorted out each month), receipts, and miscellaneous items that need to be filed.

We only use our pull out drawer for one thing- our Scentsy stuff. :) We actually JUST ran out of scent bars, so we need to order some more very soon!

I hope you enjoyed this little tour of organizational bliss. It's something that makes my life so much easier, and I'm sure that having a space like that would benefit anybody! Do YOU have a little area in your house that makes you heart happy?

Xoxo
Les


IHeart Organizing
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

No comments: