Leslyn's Lovely Life: Goals Update #8

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Goals Update #8

Hello, friends!

Well, it definitely just hit me that it's August, especially as I was typing "#8" in the Subject box. How has this year flown by so quickly?!?!

Anyways, I figured I would update you on my goals for this year.

- When I was in Brasil, I was able to use my camera... a lot. I just haven't had time to edit the pictures. I think that I will do that when I have my two week break that starts on Friday! It didn't hurt to have a bunch of awesome photographers around me who were willing to explain stuff. :)

- No song yet. That will be the thing I do during my two week break, too ;)

- I have been cooking a lot healthier this month, because I am slowly moving over to a "clean" diet (aka no processed foods). I can tell you right now that bread and desserts will be my hardest thing to kick.

- I've learned to sew, but I'm actually going to take some sewing classes this year at my new job (!!! I'll post about that later), so that is going to help me out a lot.

- $10 wedding dress will probably be made into something else during that break (on a side note, I was so nervous about not having anything to do during that break. Well, I don't think I have to worry about that anymore).

- I have found some yoga podcasts and apps, so I have been able to do that a little bit. I've come to the realization that nothing will beat an actual yoga class (which I am totally going to take advantage of when the school year starts... Thanks to that student ID that I still haven't gotten... oops).

- I have been reading a lot of "guilty pleasure books" over the past few weeks. Mostly because I have been reading SO many books for my classes (and I got a library card. That changes everything in my life). "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks and "Unfinished Business" by Nora Roberts were the two books that I read, and they were okay. Your typical romance novel. If any of you have some suggestions of what I should read, please let me know!

- Well, our apartment does not look rent-y at all. I think that my whole problem with our old house was that there was no aesthetic appeal whatsoever. Our "canvas" was just not good, and there wasn't a lot we could do with the color scheme. Now, our apartment is looking fantastic. There are just a few finishing touches that we need to add, and it will be complete!

- I have been working out a lot more this summer than I have all year, simply because I have a gym that is a 30 second drive (and a 5 minute walk) away from our apartment. I have no excuse. I've been doing Couch to 5K, and I really love it a lot! I'll usually do that (or some other cardio), and lift weights afterwards.

- The couponing.... I really want to get in to it, but I don't want to buy a bunch of toothpaste that I don't need. Someone PLEASE point me in the right direction and help me find a way to save some money.

Well, there's my update! I can't wait to check in with you next month!



 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

4 comments:

Molly said...

I think it is so important to set goals for yourself. I have a bunch written in my journal, but I haven't blogged about them before. It sounds like you are making awesome progress!

Alyssa said...

I read Safe Haven and then never finished it! Ooops! It wasn't one of my favorites of his. It felt a little slow to me.

Angie said...

It's gonna be 2013 before we know it!

Breanna said...

I've been eating better lately & trying to eat clean too-- it can be sooo hard! I mean, carbs are my best friend... I love bread & cookies!

But seriously, your body feels SO MUCH BETTER when you cut those things outta your diet... you just feel "lighter" from the inside out!