Leslyn's Lovely Life: 13 in 13

Sunday, December 30, 2012

13 in 13

Well I am super excited about these goals. It's funny how it took me less than 10 minutes to come up with this list on Wednesday night. Of course I wrote them in my brand new Erin Condren Life Planner (I'm in L-O-V-E).

Photo by leslynjacks

Anyhow, here are my goals for 2013!!!

1. Read the Bible more

I want to get to know my Savior more. Enough said.

2. Try a new recipe every week

I may even feature some of the best recipes that I've tried (and made up) on the blog! :) I just need to be more creative.

3. Get to 1,000 blog followers

This is a big one. However, I somehow went from 11 followers on January 1st to 350 just a few days before Christmas. I think I can do this. ;)

4. Run a half marathon

I've never been brave enough to try... Until now!

5. Buy a house

We're tired of renting. We're officially on the hunt, folks!

6. Shop less

I took inventory of how many clothes I bought in 2012- and it was way too much. So I'm cutting back. I'm anxious to see what little outfits I come up with in the future (of course, they'll be featured on the blog).

7. Get an amazing job that I'll want to stay at until I retire

I'll be done with my master's degree this summer. So it's time to settle down and find a job that I'm in love with! I just finished the application for my dream job- let's see if it happens (prayers appreciated).

8. Wash my face before I go to bed

I am TERRIBLE about this. But my skin always looks a million times better if I wash it more often. So I'm gonna try to do this more often.

9. Finish my master's degree with a 4.0

I'm on track with this one! Only 4 more courses left!!

10. Spend a lot less time on my iPhone

DJ gets so irritated with me (and rightfully so) because of the amount of time that I spend checking instagram, facebook, twitter, pinterest, etc. I'm going to do my best to put the phone away, and enjoy quality time with the people around me.

11. Read 20 books (including at least 3 "classics")

I read more than 12 last year. Why not make this even more challenging? :)

12. Go on at least one unplanned trip with the hubs

We did this last year in Memphis, and we had a blast. This definitely needs to happen again.

13. Reach my goal weight

I'm hoping that the combination of the half marathon and Weight Watchers helps get me there.



And there you have it! How awesome would it be to accomplish everything on the list?

Let's make it happen! :)

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

8 comments:

Teach*Pray*Love said...

Great goals! Don't you love Erin Condren Life Planners? I just ordered my new one and it should be here tomorrow. I can't wait! Happy New Year!

Robin said...

Great goals! I've been reading chapters of the Bible on BibleGateway. Reading it online makes it look a little less daunting for me.

I hope you get that job.

Ashley said...

I'm sooo b ad about washing my face before bed. I just don't think about it ever!

Kayla Peveler said...

I'm so bad about washing my face before bed too, half the time I just forget and fall asleep. I agree with ALL of these goals. Nice job girl ;) you can DO it!!

Angie said...

I love your list! Good luck on achieving all your goals.

blm said...

best of luck with your goals and happy new year! i'm your newest follower. :)

b @ then there was we
www.thentherewaswe.blogspot.com

tara said...

pretty planner!! :) happy new year, love! hope you accomplish every single one of your goals!

Talya Tate Boerner said...

Great list! Guess I better start thinking of mine...