Leslyn's Lovely Life: How I did on my Goals for 2012

Saturday, December 29, 2012

How I did on my Goals for 2012

A while a go, I posted about my goals for 2012. Here's how I did:

1. Use my camera more often

I totally dominated this one. I started out the year doing a weekly photography challenge, but after the original host quit, I thought "well... now what?". I bought a 50 mm lens, and it changed my life.

Mission: Accomplished.

2. Write a song

I co-wrote a song with someone. And it was actually pretty good. I think this counts.

Mission: Accomplished.

3. Learn how to make healthy food that actually tastes good

Who knew that all you need is some spices and a little bit of olive oil?

Mission: Accomplished.

4. Learn to sew

I sewed a dress (structurally, it was great. I just picked the wrong fabric. Oops), I sewed several pillows, and I sewed little make up brush holders.

Mission: Accomplished.

5. Reconstruct the vintage $10 wedding I bought into something way more attractive

Yeah.. I didn't do this. Oops.

Mission: Not Accomplished

6. Do more Yoga

I did SOME Yoga. But I didn't do as much as I wanted to.

Mission: Not Accomplished.

7. Read at least 1 book per month

Oh.. I totally did this. I might have kind of spread it out differently (didn't read a book a month, but read 3 the next month). But I still read more than 12 books this year.

Mission: Accomplished.

8. Make my rent house NOT look like a rent house

I feel like I was able to accomplish this. I decorated the apartment (and rent house) in a way that it didn't look a hot mess. So...

Mission: Accomplished.

9. Work out more than I have this past year

Yeah, I definitely did this. It definitely helps to have a free gym membership at your apartment complex. ;)

Mission: Accomplished.

10. Learn how to coupon

Considering the extreme couponers have a ton of storage space and I never did, I should have known this wouldn't happen. Also, I'm trying to not buy as many processed foods. So I would only be able to coupon with household products.

Mission: Not Accomplished.



Hey, 7 out of 10? I'll take it.

Check back tomorrow to find out what my goals are for 2013! I'm excited! :)

xoxo
Les

 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

1 comment:

Ashley said...

congrats that is a great accomplishment!!