Leslyn's Lovely Life: What we leave behind...

Monday, December 10, 2012

What we leave behind...

For those of you who were hoping for a more light-hearted post today, sorry... I just have been thinking about something for a week now, and I figured "this is my little nook in the world wide web, I should be able to say what I want to!" So here it goes.

Last weekend, a young man (who I didn't know as well as I would have liked to) passed away unexpectedly. He was only 21 years old, and based on the reactions of students, teachers, and people who knew and loved him very much, he was quite a man. I was astounded and amazed by what was said and written about him after students, teachers, and loved ones heard the news. As I read through hundreds of tweets and facebook statuses on Sunday and throughout the week, I thought to myself "Wow... this guy was really something." Then I started to think about my own life. And I wondered "Do I live my life in such a way that people would have had the same reaction with me?"

After pondering that question, I realized that I still have a lot of growing to do... not only in my walk with Jesus, but in my overall attitude towards others. In his death, LJ has inspired me. He was a man who loved and served without ceasing. I want to be like that. After thinking about LJ, his life, and his ministry, I know that my work on earth is still not done. There's still so much more that the Lord needs me to do. And I am willing and ready to obey.
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

2 comments:

reeree7 said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. It wasn't the, like you said, light blog posts you generally read, but it was definitely needed, and I feel the same. Live life in a way that would impact those around you. It isn't the big things that make someone important...it is the little things. Love this post. Sorry to hear that the world has lost such a priceless person, but his memory will live on in those who's lives were touched by him.

Angie said...

I have been pondering myself as what kind of mark I am supposed to leave in this world when I'm gone!