Leslyn's Lovely Life: The big announcement...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

The big announcement...

We're MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Goodbye, apartment life.

Goodbye, shady neighbors who sweep their cigarette butts in our flower bed and play rap music so loud that we can hear it in our bedroom when the door is shut (we share a living room wall with them).

Goodbye, crazy rules that won't allow us to paint. 

Luna says goodbye to having to be on a leash every time she goes potty.

But in all seriousness, I need to tell you the story behind this house. Because seriously, it's a God thing. Through and through.

Last July (a month after we moved here), DJ and I knew we were eventually going to buy a house in this particular area, so we went to a bunch of open houses to figure out what we should expect when we're actually ready to buy a house. DJ's parents happened to be in town, so it was fun to get their input. We probably looked at 6-7 houses, and then we came to this one. I was instantly drawn to the HUGE window (I call it the Christmas tree window) and shutters. When we walked through the house, I couldn't believe how beautiful everything was- hardwood floors, granite counter tops, custom cabinets, the massive master bedroom... I mean, you guys. It was a dream home. And it was in our price range (which was not very high). It has 4 bedrooms, which was so perfect for when we're ready to start a family. It had a huge back yard. It had everything we could ever want. But as I said, it was JULY. We had just moved into our apartments in June. When we left this home, I was nearly in tears. DJ's mom said "Leslyn, God is going to work it out. If this isn't the house for you, He'll make it clear. And if it is, He will make it so obvious that you'd have to be crazy not to get it."

Over the next 5 months, DJ and I would occasionally drive to that town and walk through some more open houses. All of the other houses sold, except for this one. And then the newer houses that we walked through sold. I kept on thinking about this house and mentioning it, but DJ kept on saying "No, we need to stop thinking about this house. There's no way we'll end up there." 

In January, we contacted an agent, told him what our requirements were, and he sent us a list of houses we could walk through. This one was on it. We told him about several other houses we wanted to look at, and I told DJ that I couldn't stop thinking about this one, and he admitted that he also wanted to look at it again. We walked through all of the houses, and were about to put an offer on a foreclosed house. It was bigger than this one, but it was surrounded by super sketchy looking homes, and we eventually found out that everyone in that neighborhood was being foreclosed on. We also saw a foundation problem, and the type of loan we're getting doesn't allow buyers to purchase a home with structural issues. 

That only left one more choice. The house of my dreams (and eventually, DJ admitted that it was the house of his dreams too). 

So here we are, the week that we close. And I still can't believe it's our home. 

 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

13 comments:

Sara Blinder said...

I was so glad to leave apartment living behind! I hated worrying every time I had company that someone was going to complain about the noise and I hated not being able to paint. Enjoy!

Kayla Peveler said...

Oh my goodness! God is so good. How amazing?! The house is GORGEOUS. & I admit, that window is killer!! ;)

Kayla Peveler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C said...

Congratulations! You will love living in your own home. We just bought a house in October and it has been great! Can't wait until you post pics of the inside! xo C

behindbutterflyeyes.com

Mrs. Mama said...

Congrats! glad you are getting your dream home!!!!

Alyssa said...

Ahhhh! Girl! I am so excited for you that I could cry!!! Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Deborah West said...

Hurrah!! That is so exciting!! I can't wait to see how you decorate it!! miss you girl!

carrie beth said...

So exciting! Its beautiful!!!!!!

Molly Kay said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

tara said...

YAY!!!! so exciting!

Sally said...

What a fun, daily reminder of God's love and faithfulness to you! Enjoy this time.

Shelley Paige said...

What a wonderful story! I've been praying for a new house as well! It seems so far away though. Please post some inside photos! Would love to see!

jennie said...

Wohoo!!! How exciting!! Hope the move goes well! :)