Leslyn's Lovely Life: My $40 Mantel Makeover

Saturday, April 6, 2013

My $40 Mantel Makeover

Hello Darlings.

This photo has been circulating around Pinterest for a while.


Super cute, right? 

Well, I have been longing for the day where we would own a home so we could mount the TV and do this.

Friends, the time has come. We own a home. 

My crazy AWESOME father-in-love (you know, the one who built our island?) made this BEAUTIFUL flower box for us. And it's made out of wood from DJ's great-grandparents house. So pretty, right? 


Once he built the flower box, the hubs and I basically sprinted (or drove... you know... same difference) to Garden Ridge to pick up some fake hydrangeas (Y'all, I'm not about to ruin my white mantle. Sorry I'm not sorry), and two amazing candle holders that were on clearance!

Here's the finished product:



I'm in love with it. 

xoxo
Les

 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

7 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

It looks wonderful! I have something similar in my house and it is such a nice focal point.

~ko said...

Girl this is gorgeous! Take an angled picture of your mantel and I think it would knock out the other pin in a hot second ;) hehe! Great job! And yay for father-in-loves that are handy!

Suze said...

Beautiful!

Angie said...

Oh wow, that looks amazing!
Your father in law is very talented :)

Elle said...

looks so great!! I dream of the days I'll have a mantel to decorate :)

Sally said...

I love that the wood for the planter has a story... that's really unique!

BREI said...

That is so adorable! Dresses the mantel up nicely!