Leslyn's Lovely Life: The Story of Us. Part 2

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Story of Us. Part 2

You can read Part 1 of this series here.

When I transferred to OBU, I only had one goal in mind (besides graduating and all...). That goal was to be a tiger tunes hostess. In the weeks leading up to the audition, I was trying to decide what I was going to sing for my audition. I called on a former hoho, and asked his opinion of me singing the song. He said it was perfect.

I was so excited when audition day came. I could hardly stand it. I actually stepped out of a rehearsal for about 15 minutes so I could do my audition. I played for 3 of my friends, and then I sang "You Found Me" by The Fray. It really wasn't my best performance. It was actually kind of terrible. I walked off the stage, feeling like my goal just slipped through my fingers. It was over. I went back to class (which was in the recital hall), and tried to move on with my life.

Every year, there's an international food festival at OBU. They serve really yummy, delicious treats, and then they decide to go all crazy on you and throw in gross things like cow intestines or snakes. Yup. Anyways, one of my best friends Maggie and I were there. Well then she got a phone call, and she found out she was a hoho!!! I was so proud of her! Then I realized that I didn't have my phone with me. Of course, the panic set in, and I HAD to find my phone. At that very instant. So we left our plates, and ran. I remembered that the last time I used the phone was in the recital hall, so I ran over there with Maggie. When we got there, a guy walked out of the recital hall (we actually ended up dating for a couple of months after this incident... but let's not go there right now), and I asked him if he had seen my phone. He grabbed it for me, and I saw that I had several missed calls from an unknown number.

I made it.

Maggie and I did a happy dance.


4565_1193081740228_8366310_n.jpg

Then my roomie joined us in the happy dance.

4565_1193081780229_5179426_n.jpg



A few hours later, I got an email (and I still have it) listing all of the hoho's. I recognized all of the names. Except for one.... Some guy named DJ.

Obviously I had to facebook stalk him to find out what he looked like.


443_36964083060_6366_n.jpg


Y'all. That boy was fiiiiiine.

A couple of days later, I saw him walking across campus with one of my friends.

"Hey, DJ? I'm Leslyn! We're hoho's together! I'm so excited to finally meet you!"

---

To be continued.
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

1 comment:

Mrs. Mama said...

I can't wait to hear the rest of this story!