Leslyn's Lovely Life: The Story of Us. Part 3

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Story of Us. Part 3

You can read Part 1 here and Part 2 here.

After meeting DJ, I immediately thought he was the nicest guy. He was always in a good mood, and was positive all the time. The group of hoho's got together once a week to discuss song selection for the show (we started this in March, and the show wasn't until October. I told you this was a big thing at OBU). I noticed very quickly that we had very similar tastes in music, so he automatically was cool in my book.

We never really hung out outside of those meetings. In fact, I hardly saw him around campus. When you're a music major, you never leave the music building. So I only saw him in those meetings, and we would just engage in small talk.

Summertime came, and we didn't talk at all. I was in Missouri working at a camp (one of the most life-changing, wonderful things that ever happened to me), and I got to the point where I was so satisfied in the Lord that I came to the conclusion that I didn't need a man to make me happy. I was seriously to the point where I didn't care about dying single. I decided at that moment, I would stop looking for relationships and focus on mine with the Lord. There was nothing more satisfying to me.

Hoho's have a certain privilege of moving into the dorms a week earlier than all of the other students. This gave us extra time for dance and vocal rehearsals. It was so much fun. We all hung out with each other all the time- we went to the lake whenever we had the chance (one time. Haha), ate together in the caf (because non of us felt like eating with the athletes who were already on campus) (OBU tries to call their cafeteria "The Commons". It will never work, OBU. It will always be the caf). Once school started, and we had rehearsals every night. It was nuts trying to balance classes, homework, friends, and Tiger Tunes. But I somehow made it work.

There was one rehearsal in particular where DJ was rehearsing his solo (trust me... there will be video of it next week), and the rest of us were watching him. I remember so clearly thinking to myself "DJ is such an incredible guy. Whoever he marries is going to be one lucky girl."

Yup. I thought that. Again, let me reiterate- dating was NOT on my radar. It never crossed my mind that I might want to date him (let alone MARRY him). I guess it was one of those moments where I realized that I had so much respect for him. Crazy, huh?

Before we knew it, it was show time.

Check back for part 3 next Thursday. :)

 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I love reading about your hoho experience....it is such a special thing! And so fun that you met your husband that way! :)

Endymion said...

Your story is so sweet, I wish all the happiness to you guys!
(¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.·Nymphashion FB·._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.·Nymphashion Bloglovin·._.·´¯)