Leslyn's Lovely Life: The story of us Part 4 // Music

Thursday, May 2, 2013

The story of us Part 4 // Music




So this kind of goes together with the link up.... Today's topic is "Educate us on something you are good at."

Here's Part 4 of "The Story of Us" read Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 here.

It was Tiger Tunes week. Here are a few of the clips of the performances.

My hot hubs singing a song.



So dreamy, right?

Here are the girls singing Beyonce....



Yes. I'm the one in the green.



I'm telling y'all... it was so much fun.

So Tiger Tunes happened. And as any other former hoho knows (for those of you reading this for the first time, you seriously need to go back and read the other parts of the series. Or else this will seem kinda strange to you), you get a ton of attention the week of tunes, and then your life gets back to normal.

And that's exactly what happened.

After all the hype was over, I thought to myself, "DJ is one of those who will never hang out with you again. I mean, he never did before Tunes, why would he start now?"

And I was partially correct.

I may not have seen him a ton on campus (again, when you're a music major, you live in the music building), but he would send me random texts every so often. He would make up excuses to call or text me (like asking what was happening on a TV show.. he could have easily googled it or watched the show, but instead, he called me), but I never caught on to it at all.

I remember a few weeks after Tunes was over, he wanted to go to the campus movie night, and there were several of us who went together. We watched UP, and I remember distinctly thinking to myself "I kinda want to hold his hand. WAIT! STOP IT LESLYN. You're not going to date anyone, remember? You're going to stay single forever. GET. IT. TOGETHER." So we never held hands.

But after the movie was over, something happened.

Of course you're going to stay tuned for next week to find out what.

BUT I will tell you about my area of expertise- which is music! :)

Here's the thing with music- most of the time, it's something that's a natural inclination. If you want to become a better singer, the best thing you can do is record yourself singing, listen to it again, and see what you need to do differently. If it ends up being a complete hot mess, take voice lessons!! I'm a voice teacher, and I've worked with some cray cray people who can't carry a tune in a bucket when they get started. However, because they get professional training, they improve. And while they may not be the next Mariah, they can at least get through a song and sound decent.

A huge part of singing is CONFIDENCE. I usually don't have a huge personality when I sing, but in order to be entertaining to watch, I have to do SOMETHING. Never just stand still and look bored when you're singing. That's basically the worst thing you could ever do. So get in touch with your inner Beyonce, and blow them away!

Also, if you want to learn how to riff, this is by far my fave video series.


I hope that this helpful! 

Check back next week for Part 5 of "The Story of Us" series, and check back tomorrow for a recap of my week, an extra giveaway, and Day 3 of my link up with Jenni

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

2 comments:

BREI said...

So cute!

Brittney said...

Girl I LOVE Natalie Weiss. I wish I could sing like her!