Leslyn's Lovely Life: The story of us... Part 5

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The story of us... Part 5



So I'm a total and complete rude-face and left you guys hanging with our story. Sorry about that!

Just a quick review of where we left off- we went to see Up with some friends, and I wanted him to hold my hand, and he didn't. Lame-o.

After the movie was over, there were a bunch of us who were walking back to the dorms, and he leaned over to me, and said "I don't want to stop hanging out with you. Let's leave."

So we did.

We went to Wal-Mart, bought pumpkins and carving kits, and I carved a pumpkin for the very first time in my life. Yup. I was 21 years old when this happened. We were freezing to death outside of the student center (because that's the only place where males and females can hang out together at my alma mater), but we had a blast talking, telling stories, and getting to know each other outside of rehearsals. In our conversation, he discovered that I didn't know how to drive a stick shift, and he insisted upon taking me to an old parking lot to teach me.

Let's just say that no matter how hard he tried, I still can't drive a stick shift. Haha :)

Several days later, he sent me a text: "Hey, what are you doing on Friday or Saturday?" I, thinking that he would only want to carve another pumpkin or something, say "Oh, just studying. What about you?"

"I would like to take you out on a date. Dinner and a movie? Friday?"

Y'all.

I literally jumped in the air when I got that text. I mean, it was kinda lame that he asked me out over a text, but at least I could react the way I wanted to, right?

So we went on our first date on October 30, 2009. We went to Genghis Grill, Starbucks, watched "This Is It" (where he held my hand only in the last 10 minutes of the movie, because he didn't want to get in the awkward situation of us having to hold hands when they're all clammy... you KNOW what I'm talking about), and we stood in line at a haunted house for an hour and a half (we left, because we didn't feel like waiting an additional 3 hours). At the end of the night, he walked me to my door, and he kissed me. It was so precious. The next day, we went on another date, and it was so much fun. Our relationship was a blast- there's no other way to put it. We were always having fun together, and it was light-hearted. This went on for 9 months.

Check back next week to find out what happened next! :)

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

No comments: