Leslyn's Lovely Life: Bumpdates

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bumpdates

Okay so whenever I was dreaming of being pregnant someday, I just KNEW that I was going to do weekly chalkboard blog posts where I talk about the size of my baby, how I'm feeling, and so on.

Uh, have you ever had to do a chalkboard every week? Especially when you're kinda artistically challenged?

It's not fun.

I made one to announce the pregnancy, I did a 10 week picture (and never got around to posting it), and I am about to do one, two days before I hit the 14 week mark.

I'm a slacker. Big time.

Hopefully I'll get a little more excited about doing the chalkboard posts in the future. But for now, I'm on the struggle bus. Haha.

Also, let's talk about how it's SOOOOO HARD to choose a name for your child. Well, we actually only took a few days to decide on a boy's name that we LOVE (the reveal for that will come later), but it has been a huge ordeal to decide on a girl's name. We really want to settle on a name by the time we do our gender reveal party (in 2 weeks!! WHAAAAT?!?!). Hopefully, we'll find the perfect name in case baby's a little girl.

Lastly, I am having a BLAST looking at Pinterest for nursery inspiration. If you're not following me there already, you can find me here! The hubs and I have been in total agreement on things that we like for nursery decor, which is wonderful. It's funny- for about 3 years, I have said that I wanted a gray nursery. And now EVERYONE has a gray nursery. So of course, I want to go in a different direction. I can't wait to get the ball rolling on all of that!

Okay I think that's all for today... And maybe (just maybe), I'll post a bump picture. With a chalkboard in the background. ;)

xoxo
Les


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

5 comments:

Rare Nonsense said...

Picking a name was tough for us! We finally decided on a boys name and the ended up picking a totally different name once we saw him. Good luck!!
Kristin

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Hi Leslyn
I have nominated you for the winter tag. The details are on the blog but I fully understand if you don't have the time to do it as I know how time consuming it can be xx

Kaycee said...

Bring on the bump pics! Also- you are probably one of the LEAST artistically challenged people I know. Last, I hear "Kaycee" is a good girl's name ;)

Suzy said...

Hi!
Well, your comment ended up in blogger no mans land, and I didn't see it until tonight!! I am so happy to have you as a blog friend!! I'm adding you to my reading list and I can't wait to follow your journey!
And don't worry about not chalkboard-ing every second of your pregnancy! I was so sick through my whole pregnancy that I didn't even blog half the time!

Can't wait to learn more about you!

Suzy @ beunruffled