Leslyn's Lovely Life: Goal Update

Friday, February 28, 2014

Goal Update

At the beginning of the year, I posted my goals for 2014, and I thought I would do a check in! Here we go!

1. Implement an organization system and stick with it

I feel like I've done a really good job with this one. Before, I was really bad about throwing everything in a big pile and leaving it for a few days. Well, those days are over. I do my best to put everything in it's right place before I go to bed. I reorganized our bathroom, kitchen, and my craft closet, and everything has stayed pretty and orderly! Now I need to come up with a good system for our coat closet, all of our mail, and we need to rearrange our guest room closets, thanks to our new family member, who will require a bit of closet space. ;)

2. Cut back on processed foods

There are some days where I am really good at this, and others where I'm not. It's a day by day thing. Like this week, our fridge is FULL of healthy, non-processed stuff. Every now and then, I want something that's not too healthy, and I'll give in if the craving doesn't go away after a day or two. But overall, I've cut back, and I would like to continue to cut back on it even more!

3. Plan out meals every week

This one has been REALLY helpful. We save money at the grocery store, and we eat out a lot less than we used to. I love finding recipes that contain ingredients that I already have in my pantry, so that also helps with the money saving part.

4. Be smart when putting together baby room

We haven't bought a ton of decor for E's room, but we have KILLED it with other deals that we've found. We went to Rhea Lana's, and bought a ton of consigned stuff for SUPER cheap. We'll definitely be using Rhea Lana's in the future!

5. Learn how to redesign my blog

Uhhh this might be the most challenging one out of all of them. I don't know if I will ever find someone who has the spare time to teach me how to do graphic design. But I'm determined to make this little blog look more special in the future. :)

6. Paint at least two rooms

Well, I think we've picked the color for E's room- now I need to figure out what I want to do for my office! We might paint his room over Spring Break. We'll see!

7. Read 5 spiritual formation books

I haven't gotten started on this one, because I don't know WHERE to start! If you have any books that have shaped your thoughts/religious beliefs, please share them in the comment section!

8. Be more intentional with my time

I think I've been doing a good job with this one. I think I created this goal more for the future- especially when E arrives. But so far, so good!

And there you have it! Are you keeping up with your goals that you made for yourself this year?

Have a wonderful, sunshine-y day!

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

No comments: