Leslyn's Lovely Life: Our Fancy Date Night

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Our Fancy Date Night

I posted about why I'm not crazy about Valentine's day and the whole idea behind it. However, the hubby and I were given a fun opportunity to celebrate that we couldn't turn down. So here's how we spent the evening!

A couple of weeks ago, one of my BFF's asked me if we wanted to go on a double date for Valentine's Day. We said "duh".

We ended up going to the BEAUTIFUL Marlsgate Plantation in Scott, AR.



Here's our little group at the bottom of the stairs. Look at that growing baby bump (and my growing face)! AAHHH!


The dinner was absolutely delicious! Here are my poor quality iPhone photos.


Our first course was a delicious gumbo with french bread. By far everyone's favorite part of the night!


For our main course, we had pork with an orange and cranberry chutney over wild rice, candied carrots, green beans, and a croissant. 


Our dessert was a yummy trifle with vanilla pudding, berries, and cake (everyone else had liqueur soaked cake. I was a good mommy and and asked them to leave out the liqueur).

The decor in the house was absolutely beautiful, and the staff was so kind! We had so much fun- and the event was free, thanks to my friend Kristen's connections. ;)

Check back tomorrow for the 19 week bumpdate!

xoxo
Les


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

1 comment:

Jennifer Humphries said...

Wow what a great looking place! The food looked good too. Your baby bump is adorable too. Just found your blog via Bloggy Moms!

http://www.jenerallyinformed.com