Leslyn's Lovely Life: 5 things

Friday, May 9, 2014

5 things

Okay so last week's link up was a smashing success- I made a bunch of new friends. So I think I'm going to carry on with this for a little while- I'm glad it gives me the freedom to blog about whatever my little heart desires! So here are my 5 little random thoughts for the week.



1. I think it's hilarious how ombre my hair looks in this picture (I haven't dyed my hair at all. This is called heat damage, my darlings). And look at how swollen my face is. This pregnancy thing is getting silly. Oh and look at how adorable my husband is. He's my favorite. 



2. So last week I talked about the dogs and how one in particular barks at nothing. Well, the other one (Chip) has a weird quirk. We crate our dogs, so I hurry home after school to let them out. Chip finds it necessary to pee on our back patio. It's the strangest thing. The only way he doesn't do it is if I walk out with him, stand in the grass, and watch him pee. No joke. I can let him out the morning, and he will voluntarily pee in the grass. He will do the same at night. It's only in the afternoons that he feels the urge to pee right next to our back door. He's so strange. But oh so adorable. I mean, look at that (unedited) sweetness.



3. This girl is in desperate need of hostess gift ideas... I have 4 showers, and each of them have at least 8 hostesses. So if you have any suggestions, comment below! :)

4. I went to the gym for the first time in months this week. I have been working out at home and walking the doggies, but I figured that I pay a monthly membership- so I should stop wasting it. I've been seriously working on my fitness (especially since I'm in a wedding 3 weeks after my due date. *gulp*).

5. Y'all. This is real life. Go to this link, and listen to the 5th clip. THAT'S ME!!!! ON KIDD KRADDICK!!!!! AND I WON!!!!

So this means that the hubby and I get to go on a free trip to Mexico. Y'all. I can't even contain my joy. I mean, look at this place.


This is one happy mama. It has been an outstanding week. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, my sweet friends! If you're new here, follow along! I have a lot of fun posts coming up in the next few weeks!

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

13 comments:

Britton Barton said...

Ooooooh my gosh!! I am SO jealous you won! No joke, I was driving into work this morning and thought to myself how I never win any of their contests no matter how hard I try. That sounds like that will be an amazing getaway for you two!

Brittanylea02 said...

That is so awesome you won! I was in Mexico a few years ago...loved it!

Happy Friday!

Kaitlyn Botelho said...

Just discovered your blog through the link-up. Congratulations on the trip! That place looks phenomenal!

P!nky said...

You look fabulous lady!

Have so much fun on your trip!

Megan Proctor said...

A trip to Mexico!!?!?! How awesome is that!? Hope y'all have fun!! xo

Shannan said...

That's very exciting! Congrats! As for hostess gifts, try homemade jams/jellies, like from the farmers market. I received that once and thought it was just precious.

Kristal {The Strong Family} said...

That is SO awesome you won a trip to Mexico!!!!! Last May, my hubby & I won a trip to LA to watch the finale of dancing with the stars. It was so fun! I think you look beautiful!! I honestly don't think many things are more beautiful than pregnant women. :) Have a great weekend!

Jess said...

Your dog cracks me up. What a little stinker. :) Congrats on the trip. Just what a pregnant woman needs. Wahoo!

Ashleigh said...

Good for you for going to the gym while preggo. I know I probably won't do that someday, so bravo to you!

MakeMeUpMia said...

Yay for winning the Mexico trip, that is awesome! I LOVE Mexico, been 3 times and am always wanting to return :)

Cortney said...

I think you look great. My face got SO swollen with both my boys and my nose got enormous! How exciting you won that trip! I listen to Kid Kraddick every morning. Now I may just have to enter their contests:)

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

Congrats on the win, that place looks amazing!!! Chip is sooo tiny and so cute! I could just snuggle him up :)

Maggie Bennison said...

That picture of Chip is the cutest and congrats on your trip to Mexico!