Leslyn's Lovely Life: 5

Friday, May 30, 2014

5

1. I married the coolest guy around. Mainly because he makes furniture look really awesome all the time. Here are the two transformations that have taken place in our home this week...

Before...


And after! 

Before...


And after!


I'm. In. Love.

2. I am officially on maternity leave. So this girl is one happy camper. I shall wear nothing but yoga pants for the next 3 months. And it will be glorious.

3. One of my best friends is having her bachelorette party this weekend! This is going to be my last opportunity to have a girl's night before Emmett gets here... So I am super excited about it.

4. It has been raining all week. It's disgusting. And we've been dog-sitting for the past few days, so there are 4 (yes, 4) stinky wet dogs in our house. I would looooove it if the sun would start shining a little bit.

5. Beth Moore tweeted me this week. So that was pretty cool. :) I mean, I had to post an atrocious photo of myself, but hey, it's all good.


Check back next week for lots of fun posts! :) 

xoxo
Les



 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

15 comments:

Meghan T said...

we have those same chairs! but ours are boring metal color :( now i'm super jealous and wish we had the orange ones!! love them.

Leslie Lukens Martin said...

Your husband is a MASTER with furniture transformation! Those pieces look A-MAZing! So glad I found you through the linkup!

Tiffany {A Touch of Grace} said...

Wow! Your husband does great work! I wish I could get mine more motivated to do projects around our house. It takes us forever to get anything done.
Yay for maternity leave! Good luck with baby!

MakeMeUpMia said...

Your furniture looks amazing, he's good! Yoga pants for 3 months, amazing... Always love a good tweet back :)

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Those two transformations are awesome! Lucky choice in a husband! Mine definitely doesn't make pretty furniture but he sure is handy around the house, so there is that!

Yay for maternity leave! I wore stretchy pants so much that I actually got sick and tired of them and was happy to get back into real clothes post-baby. I didn't think such a thing could happen!

Amanda @ More Like Me said...

I loooove your red dining chairs!
Enjoy your night out!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Your husband is a furniture genius! Both pieces look fab! I'm kind of jealous of your 3 months of yoga pants coming up :) Enjoy the bachelorette party this weekend! Hopefully the sun will be back out for you soon!

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama.com said...

The dinning table and dresser look awesome! Enjoy your girls night out and have a great weekend!

Tiffany said...

You should make DJ transform furniture and you sell it for your summer job! :) make a little extra cash. He's too good!

Laura Marie Keenan said...

Your furniture looks amazing; nice work hubby! And enjoy every second if your maternity leave and don't feel guilty for lounging on the couch all day! Never again will you have the opportunity. :-)

Vanessa said...

Okay, your husband is seriously talented! Those transformations are look amazing!!! And love the Beth Moore tweet...she went to my church when we lived in Houston!

Colleen Sullivan said...

The dresser and table look great! Your husband IS awesome!

Hoping the weather clears up for you guys this weekend!

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Love the dresser your husband made for your son! I also love those letters! So cool!

Your Beauty Fix said...

Those transformations are amazing! Love a good DIY!

Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

Wow, that dresser looks fantastic - what a great transformation!