Leslyn's Lovely Life: Mother's Day

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Last year, on Mother's Day, I took (yet another) a pregnancy test with a negative result. It was at that moment that it hit me- there might be something wrong. I remember quietly crying in my bathroom, fearful of what might lie ahead for us. The doctor confirmed my fears.

Obviously, God had a different plan than the doctors. And we are so thankful. Beyond thankful.

But I am fully aware of the millions of women who are hurting so deeply today, just as I was a year ago. I remember feeling defeated and hopeless. It's a terrible, dark place to be, and I remember it all too well.

To my friends who are struggling with infertility: You are amazing. You are beautiful. You are brave. And though you are still waiting to receive the official title of "mom", you have served so many people in ways that mothers do. You comfort others around you. You give advice to those who need counsel. You care for those who are helpless. You serve in your churches and communities. You're pretty awesome.

To my friends who have miscarried, lost their children, or lost a mom- I can't even fathom the hurt that you're feeling today. My heart breaks for you. And I don't know what to say, except that I am praying for you, especially today.

You are incredible. You are not forgotten. You are loved.

xoxo
Les

P.S. I couldn't do a mother's day post without honoring my beautiful, sweet mom. I hope I am as wonderful of a mother as you have been to the three of us. I admire you and appreciate you in ways I can't even begin to express! Love you, mom!



 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

2 comments:

Katie Elizabeth said...

This was so sweet. Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day! Love the picture of you and your mom- beautiful! :)

Brittanylea02 said...

Such a nice post and lovely photo of you and your momma!

Hope you had a nice weekend :)