Leslyn's Lovely Life: Nursery: Part 1

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Nursery: Part 1

Before you start getting excited about the nursery pics that you think are about to happen- they aren't. Little guy's crib doesn't come in until the end of this month, so it will be at least the beginning of June before you get to see the finished product. There's your disclaimer.

Our entire house (walls and ceiling) is the same color- this beige-y khaki-ish color. And while it's versatile... it's beige, people. Not really exciting.

We walked through paint stores for hours, trying to find the perfect color for him. I wanted a grayish blue... DJ wanted more of a sea foam color. After one particularly long evening of comparing swatches, I thought, "I'll check Pinterest real quick to see if I find a color."

Well duh- I should have done that all along. Because I instantly found the color. It was a feeling similar to that one when I found The One.  Okay... that's an exaggeration. 

So we bought the paint, invited DJ's parents over for a sleepover, and they cleared out our entire guest room. There is a 99% chance that the office still kind of looks like this. Not cool. We need to work on that... It would all help if I would just go to the store to buy storage. But who has time for that, right? 


I can't remember what the top color is called (such a good blogger moment, I know... I just remember that we found it at Sherwin Williams). But the bottom one is Palladian Blue by Benjamin Moore.


We taped off the room....


And they all got started... While I cleaned and took pictures. Duh. Look at DJ's focused face. He's such a good painter. 


He was really glad that I took pictures. Can't you tell?


Check out that technique... Perfection.


In real life, it's kinda hard to see the contrast between the two colors. But I thought you could kind of tell at this angle. 


And here's the finished product (of the painted part, that is).


I can't wait to get furniture in there and hang stuff on the walls. Oh yeah, and to have a baby live in there. But that's a given.

So you'll have to wait a month or so before you get a nursery post. Sorry folks.

Have a happy, wonderful day!

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the color! So peaceful and E will love it! =) Just think - a few more days and you'll be off for the rest of summer and can devote so much more time to baby stuff. I'm jealous!

Angie said...

Great color choice!

Talya Tate Boerner said...

Love it!

Julielle said...

I love the colors!! So cute!