Leslyn's Lovely Life: Nursery Update: The Dresser

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Nursery Update: The Dresser

I apologize in advance- half of these photos were taken on my iPhone, and the others were taken by my husband with the fancy camera. Sorry for the inconsistency in quality. ;)

So there are some dresser/changing table combos that are super awesome. And super expensive. We're talking at least $600. And I don't know about y'all, but I have a really hard time justifying spending $600 for something that's going to be pooped and peed on.

We went on a crazy online hunt looking for options. We were about to settle for a tiny $100 IKEA dresser. I mean, the changing pad would barely fit on it. That's how small it was. Then, suddenly, I had this little epiphany...

"Look at Craigslist."

So I did.

And then, this little $75 miracle happened.










My husband did all of the work himself. He's a rockstar. Since this last photo was taken, we have added baskets to the top shelves, and we've spray painted his name (which we'll hang on the wall).

This little boy's room is coming together very quickly, and we're super excited about it! I can't wait to show y'all more as the rest of his furniture comes in!


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

11 comments:

Emily @ Beauty and the Greek said...

Gorgeous...but how was sanding it? I have a very similar dresser that I want to refinish but I'm dreading it. I've heard of liquid sandpaper, but I don't know if it works as well.

Rebecca Jo said...

I love it... those knobs are perfect!

& can I say, I'm jealous of a clean garage. Mine is a death trap :)

Julielle said...

I love the plane on the sweet dresser! So creative.

Applebypie said...

This is just totally gorgeous - well done hubby! X

Jen Mullen said...

Beautiful! You did great! Visiting you from AWB.

Stephanie Buckley said...

Have mercy, LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am inspired now. @theparkwife

Deborah Brauser said...

Wowza - this is gorgeous! And such a transformation from the "before" picture. Good job in seeing the hidden treasure it could become.

Deborah Brauser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Talya Tate Boerner said...

Great job on this! Love the open space for baskets, love the knobs and color too!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the knobs. I have a feeling it will mean even more to you because it was a labor of love so to speak. (Jamie from Jamie's Thots)

porkchoptuesday said...

Nice job! I stripped and painted a dresser, chest-of-drawers, headboard and footboard for my daughter's bedroom several years ago. I thought I wouldn't make it through the project! You make it seem so easy.