Leslyn's Lovely Life: Pecan Coconut Pineapple Pie

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pecan Coconut Pineapple Pie

Last year, my husband and I were driving around our little town, trying to find a new place to eat dinner. After a little search on Urbanspoon, we found a little gem called Ed & Kay's, a small diner known for their delicious pies. Everybody who reviewed the restaurant insisted that every visitor try the PCP Pie. Of course we were curious, so we ate there. And y'all, it was the best piece of pie that I've ever eaten. Hands down.

I was devastated when I heard that they closed their doors for good just a few months ago- this girl wanted more PCP!!! So I went on a desperate search on Pinterest to try to find something like it- but I found nothing. So the hubby and I decided to take matters into our own hands- we were going to figure out how to make PCP. 

And we did. Here's the recipe for the best pie you will ever eat. Oh, and here's my hilarious/sad attempt to act like I'm the Pioneer Woman. LOL

Ingredients:
1 frozen pie crust (we bought an extra deep pie crust)
1 stick melted butter
2 c. sugar (we used Splenda. Holla atcha girl, Gestational Diabetes)
1 T. flour
1 pinch salt
5 eggs
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. coconut flakes
1 c. drained crushed pineapple

1. Preheat oven to 300



2. Melt butter in a sauce pan



3. Meanwhile, beat sugar, flour, salt, and eggs together.




4. Add pecans, coconut and pineapple. Mix slowly.




5. Add melted butter, and make sure all ingredients are mixed together well.



6. Pour into pie crust (as you can see in the picture, it was almost to the point of overflowing, so put it in a pie dish)




7. Bake for an hour. If it's not golden/brown on the top, turn the broiler on high for a few minutes. 



8. Let it cool for a bit (this is the most challenging part. Patience, grasshopper).

9. Devour it. You've gone to pie heaven.

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

No comments: