Leslyn's Lovely Life: 37 Weeks

Monday, June 23, 2014

37 Weeks



How far along? 37 Weeks, 2 Days
Maternity clothes? Yes. And a bathrobe. 
Sleep: It's more like I take a bunch of naps. I'll take what I can get. 
Best moment this week? Getting to see our little boy TWICE. E wasn't moving around a lot and his heart rate was really low at our appointment last week, so they did an ultrasound to make sure he was responding to different things. He passed every part of the "test", except for the breathing part (which is normal for boys his age). Please pray that his lungs develop QUICKLY and that he won't have any issues with breathing when he's born. :) In addition to the first screening, we are participating in a study at UAMS where they check for contractions in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy. As an added bonus, they do a free 4D ultrasound every week! Oh and we get paid, too! 
Miss Anything? Comfort. And not feeling antsy... I'm not nervous about being a mom, but I'm so anxious/excited for his arrival!!! I know that once he gets here, life is going to change COMPLETELY. But it will be nice to not play the waiting game anymore. 
Movement: As I said- it wasn't really happening on Monday, but then he got back to normal. He's very squirmy! 
Food cravings: Nothing in particular. 
Aversions: Lunch meat is nasty. 
Showing? Ohhhh yes. 
Labor Signs? Still at a 1. Boooooo. I have another appointment this afternoon. Hopefully we've progressed some! I've been much more active this week. We'll see if it did anything! 
Belly Button- in or out? In, and super stretched out. 
Rings- on or off? Off. 
Happy or Moody? Happy and excited. 
Looking forward to: Not gonna lie- I am going to do everything I can to make this child come this week. My dad and sister are leaving for England next week, and they'll be there past E's due date. I would love for them to be here for his birth. And no, I can't keep E in my belly past my due date, because my BFF is getting married the first weekend of August! 
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

7 comments:

Meghan T said...

you're so close!! excited to see pics of your sweet boy.

Katie said...

You are beautiful. I enjoy reading your updates. <3, Katie

Mary Gray said...

Oh wow! Only 3 more weeks to go! You are so close! How exciting! I've only been married almost 3 months and have baby fever so bad! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little one when they get here!

Rebecca Jo said...

The countdown is on! :) I just did photographs of a birth - so amazing. The emotions in the room... it's magical :)

Lindsay Ropella said...

Ahh!! How exciting!!! So glad I found your blog before you pop so I can tag along in all the fun! Best of luck and many blessings to you soon-to-be-growing family!!

Lisa Loves John said...

Almost there, mama!!! Loved the update!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Good luck!! I hope things are progressing for you so that he arrives sooner rather than later. It's sounds like the study you are participating in is really fun - seeing your little man AND you get paid! Win-Win deal for everyone.