Leslyn's Lovely Life: Friday...

Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday...

1. We got a 4D ultrasound yesterday. And I swore up and down that I wouldn't post ultrasound pictures on the blog. But here I am doing just that. Because I think that the hubby and I made the cutest little human.



It totally blows my mind that he is ours. And I know it's kinda blurry, but he's sorta smiling in the bottom picture. 

2. At our appointment, we found out that he already weighs 6 lbs 13 oz (I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow), and his head is measuring 2 weeks ahead (that means that mama is going to be on the struggle bus when it's time for him to be born). I've kind of already mentioned this before, but seriously- PRAY that this kid comes next week. I really want my dad and sister to be in the country when he's born. And there's the part where he has a huge head and all I can think is... OUCH. 

3. I'm finally trying to figure out this whole blog design thing! I made a new header last week, and this week I worked on a few things on the sidebar (including 2 new blog buttons)! It took me FOREVER to get those things done, but I'm really super excited about the way it's turned out! If you have my old button, please replace it with the new one! And if you want to do a button swap, just email me (or comment below) so I can follow you and grab your button! :) I love making new friends!

4. Tonight, we're going to the Miss Arkansas pageant! Some of you know this, but one of my bff's from college was Miss Arkansas a few years ago, so it's always fun attending these events with her. :)

All of the roomies and the hubby. ;) He's such a trooper.


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

13 comments:

Brittney said...

Jealous that you're going to Miss AR! I have been every year since high school (growing up in Hot Springs...it was easy to go)...but now that my parents live here, I couldn't swing the trip having to get a hotel and everything (we are saving up for a Vegas vacay). Have fun!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my gosh... those baby lips!!!!

Kaitlyn Botelho said...

I just started follwing :)

Also, how cute is that little guy!? congratulations!

shelbie muse said...

Umm you should always post UltraSound pics when they are this adorable! Congratulations! He's one handsome little fella!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

I never had a 4D ultrasound - they are so cool!! It'll be fun to see what your little guy looks like when he arrives next week :) Hint, hint little man. Going to the Miss Arkansas pageant sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Julie @ Homegrown State of Mind said...

Congratulations on your baby!! I am your 548th follower on GFC. I think you're gonna make your goal!! I'm so glad you found me through Lauren's H54F link up! :-)

Emily said...

Look at his nose!! Oh my goodness, adorable!

Emily Penner said...

Really happy to find your blog:) Congrats on your baby boy! He looks beautiful.
On another note, I'm working on some buttons and would love to do a swap when they're complete.

Katie @ The Macarthurs Lately said...

Saying hi from Lauren's linkup! Your little boy is going to be absolutely the cutest baby! His little cheeks are already looking so kissable!

Good luck with your GFC goal! I'm a sucker for all things baby blogs (hubs and I are planning to start a family later this year, so I gotta get my research in!), so I'm a new follower!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend (and maybe even a baby!)

P!nky said...

Awwwwwwww that sonogram is so cute, I'm not a mommy [yet, phew] but I just adore sonogram pictures. So cute!!!!

That's amazing you had a friend compete and win Miss AR! Enjoy the pageant.

Angie said...

I'm so glad you posted the ultrasound pics. I LOVE looking at them. How exciting for you all. Hope baby arrives while your family is home :)

Enjoy the pageant! That sounds like a blast!!

Hildy said...

Don't be nervous! My son always measured "big" on ultrasounds, and he was 10 lbs at birth, but I was able to have him naturally with no pain meds-it's tough, and it hurts, but God created us to have babies, and He will help you through this! **hugs**

Emily @ Beauty and the Greek said...

Those ultrasound pictures are so precious! Such a cutie!

If I were you, I'd be eating spicy food, doing jumping jacks, sex, whatever the old wives tale is....a head that's measuring bigger should be ok. It's the shoulders that are hopefully still small. :)

Either way, he'll be here before you know it.