Leslyn's Lovely Life: Someone's Ready...

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Someone's Ready...

A few weeks ago, I told y'all about how my husband has been the epitome of awesomeness as we prepare for this kiddo. If you missed the post, click here.

Recently, I've noticed that he is totally taking on some "dad traits". What are dad traits, you ask?

(Last summer with my cousin's baby... He's always been good with kids)

Let me give you a few examples.

1. He will stand out in the yard (or just look out our front window) every day to examine the yard. He is so fascinated by our grass and its growth patterns, it's kind of hilarious. He has really invested SOOO much time (and $$$) into our yard, and I mean, it's worth it because our grass is super pretty and green. But this has become a daily thing. 

2. He will sit in E's room for a long time, and try to come up with another project that we need to do before he's born. Just a few days ago, we went to Lowe's to buy an air filter. That's less than $20. We walked out with an air filter, a filter for our refrigerator, blinds for E's room, ant killer for the yard, and about a thousand other things. The projects will never end. 

3. I've seen him bust out a couple of these moves before. In public. No shame. ;)

4. I've gotten used to it, so I don't get embarrassed by it. But he sings as he puts gas in our car. Our kids are going to love that one when they're older. :)

5. He makes comments about people who play really loud music (I admit- I'm guilty of this too. Especially when it's at 7:45 in the morning. Like really?! We're all just waking up. There's no need to turn up the bass THAT much.) Aaaaand I'm 90 years old. Awesome.

There are plenty of other little things he does that are funny and endearing at the same time. Basically, I just really can't wait to raise kiddos with this guy. And embarrass the heck out of them. :)

xoxo
Les

 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

5 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

That is super cute! My Hubby is also obsessed with the yard/garden! I probably hear at least twice a day the plans he has once the weather starts to warm up! I think this is a definite dad trait!

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup said...

Haha! This is awesome. I too must confess that I found myself yelling, "Turn it down!" to our neighbors the other night. Michael then looked at me and said, "You are old" and we shared a good laugh about it but it's so true! Ain't nobody got time for that! {Especially with toddlers sleeping!}

Lindsay Ropella said...

Oh this is awesome! My husband has started doing some of these things too and I just have to laugh. He also loves just staring out the window and giving me a play by play of what some creature (bird, squirrel) is doing in our yard, going around the house and randomly tightening things that don't need tightening, and has started sporting "golf shirts" in everyday life. Aren't husbands great ;)

Angie said...

This is so adorable! That singing while putting gas in the car will be a hit until about age 13!

Whitney Pendell said...

How sweet! =)