Leslyn's Lovely Life: 5

Friday, July 18, 2014

5

Here are 5 things that I've already learned since having a baby.

1. Seriously- sleep when the baby sleeps.



Because you might die if you don't.


2. It really does take a village.

Side note- why does my husband's hair kind of look green in this pic? Weird. It doesn't look like this in the original photo. Either way. This is my favorite picture ever.

I can't imagine doing this without my husband, and my heart goes out to the people who have to do this on their own. Also, having my family here has been a life saver for both me and DJ. 

3. What was once your empty photo library is suddenly a collage of the funny faces your child makes. 




Side note: I am trying not to go overboard with the social media stuff. So far, I've managed posting only 3 pictures since he was born. And they're all sweet/special moments that needed to be documented.

4. There are some things that you can't really prepare for. 
Breastfeeding, postpartum recovery, and the sleepless nights. Just to name a few.

5. People are right- it is all SOOOOO worth it. 



                     
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

11 comments:

Tiff said...

I couldn't agree with you more! The first few weeks, I had a very hard time sleeping when baby slept because I was either starting at her in awe, or was paranoid that something would happen to her if I wasn't watching. The type of tiredness that comes with a new baby is a complete different realm of tired than I had experienced before- one that caffeine can't even touch- but like you said...It is so worth it!

Rachael A said...

What a beautiful baby.... Good luck with the next few months of sleepiness but it's all worthwhile for that bundle of joy!

Teresa said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable! (:

Tiffany said...

He's perfect!

The Contented Wife said...

So so true! You have such a handsome little man! Enjoy this phase, even though it's exhausting. I didn't think I would miss the newborn phase, but to my surprise I kind of do! Keep up the good work mama!

Tristan and Kristin DiCristofano said...

He is adorable, gives me so much to look forward to!

Kati @ along for the ryde... said...

Great bits of advice!! Hang in there! He is just about the cutest little thing...that last pic is my fav! Enjoy this time because it goes by WAY WAY too fast! =)

Angie said...

Congratulations Darling!
I couldn't agree with you more
This is all dead on advice!!

Rosy said...

Baby is beautiful and that baby collage is so sweet! I hope you have a fast recovery and for everything to get easier as the days pass.

-Rosy
A Joyful Kind of Life

Yalanda Ludtke said...

Love this!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

He's darling!! Keep the pictures coming :)