1. Seriously- sleep when the baby sleeps.
Because you might die if you don't.
2. It really does take a village.
Side note- why does my husband's hair kind of look green in this pic? Weird. It doesn't look like this in the original photo. Either way. This is my favorite picture ever.
I can't imagine doing this without my husband, and my heart goes out to the people who have to do this on their own. Also, having my family here has been a life saver for both me and DJ.
3. What was once your empty photo library is suddenly a collage of the funny faces your child makes.
Side note: I am trying not to go overboard with the social media stuff. So far, I've managed posting only 3 pictures since he was born. And they're all sweet/special moments that needed to be documented.
4. There are some things that you can't really prepare for.
Breastfeeding, postpartum recovery, and the sleepless nights. Just to name a few.
5. People are right- it is all SOOOOO worth it.