Leslyn's Lovely Life: A Song that I Need

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Song that I Need

For the past few nights, E has woken me up in the middle of the night (no, he's not here yet), and I haven't been able to fall back asleep for hours. This hasn't been a problem this whole pregnancy. Until right up to the very end, when I need sleep more than anything.

What's keeping me up?

Sometimes, it's him having the hiccups. But seriously, who has the hiccups at 4 in the morning?!

But other times, it's my mind that keeps me up. It wanders and I worry about things that are so beyond my control. I think about the process of giving birth (which I have always been terrified of... we're talking it's always been one of my biggest fears in life. And I'm 3 days away from doing just that), or how there are going to be countless more sleepless nights, or how I know that relationships are going to change due to the tiny human who is going to need me to survive. There are other thoughts too, but those are the main ones that have been standing out. As I said, they're all things that are beyond my control.

In spite of all of the worries, I keep telling myself (and I am constantly told by others) that all of this is So. Worth. It. And I believe it. I really do. I think I need Saturday to get here for me to get over those concerns. And then, like most mothers, I will have plenty of other things that I'll worry about. Again, they'll probably be things that I can't control. Haha.

Anyways, that was a super long introduction for a song that's been encouraging me this week. I haven't been able to stop singing it since the first time I heard it. I hope you enjoy!


xoxo
Les


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Don't worry girl or you will wake up with a cold sore/fever blister like I did last week! Not cute.

You got this!♡

Leslie Lukens Martin said...

At least you have legit stressful/worrisome thoughts that keep you up at night (unlike me who still thinks about that missing plane in the middle of the night!). I don't have any lil midgets yet, so I can't speak from experience...but I think it would be more concerning if you didn't have a bit of anxiety. You'll get through the next few days and when you're holding that precious baby in your arms you'll look back on those anxious moments and wonder why you were worried! Thinking of you!

Oh...great song, btw! :)

Rosy said...

It must be so nerve-wracking to know that in just a few days your life is going to change, for good that is. Sometimes you have to just let it go and trust in him just like the song says. Best of luck!

-Rosy