Leslyn's Lovely Life: Being a Mom

Monday, July 28, 2014

Being a Mom

Oh y'all.

Mommyhood has wrecked me. In the most wonderful, incredible way.

I'm an emotional, blubbering mess all the time. I cry over little things that aren't important, and I get my feelings hurt a little more easily these days. Bless my husband's heart.

In spite of the spit up, blowout diapers (the worst one happened at Dillards. The first day I decided to take the babe out in public. Lord help me), milk stains (everywhere), fussy moments, lack of sleep, and all of the glamorous things that come along with having a kid, I love this little boy. More than I ever thought I could. As I type this, he is in the Moby wrap, strapped up against my chest, sleeping with his mouth wide open and making the occasional adorable baby sound. I melt. 

I can't get enough of this little boy.

Y'all know that I didn't enjoy being pregnant. And I was warned by several friends that the transition into mommyhood is not easy at all. They were right to a certain extent- but I think that God has given me (much needed) grace in the past few weeks. Yes, there have certainly been some challenging moments. But overall, the good moments have far outweighed the difficult ones.

I'm trying to soak up every single moment I can. So with that being said, I'll stop writing, and leave you with some pictures of the prettiest child that has ever lived. I realize that is a completely biased statement.

Oh... check out yesterday's post and enter my Jen Hatmaker giveaway! :)










My favorite picture. OMG.


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

6 comments:

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama.com said...

He is a beautiful baby! And it is amazing how all the big blow outs do happen when you're not at home! Baby S had one at the zoo when I was feeding him and it was all over my lap! So gross...

Kristy Mays said...

Stunning! God's goodness always abounds but it becomes that much more evident when you enter motherhood.

Leslie Lukens Martin said...

Awww....those tiny lil feet....and those big bright eyes! He's perfect!

Rita said...

Can't wait to meet this little nugget in person this weekend!

Yalanda Ludtke said...

Just precious!

Tif said...

Found my way over here from Lemonade Linings. Congrats on your handsome baby boy! My son is almost 14 months old, and I will tell you... it gets easier. So every time you have a blow out moment (or something just as bad), take a deep breathe and remember that! I had a couple of mommies tell me that and it was nice to know that the little things wouldn't always be hard:)

Tif @ Bright on a Budget
www.brightonabudget.com