Since today is the last day before I officially become a mom (OMG), I figured I would do a little themed post. It's in honor of my husband (that mighty-fine-looking man in the picture), with it being his birthday tomorrow. :)
My five favorite things about it being just the two of us
1. I've loved having the freedom to be spontaneous. Whether we pack up and visit the in-laws on a whim, or decide to go to dinner or get a sno-cone with our friends, it's been so nice to be able to do whatever we want, whenever we want. I married the king of spontaneity. He makes life so much fun.
2. I've loved having a little jam session whenever we want. Now, we'll have to wait until the baby wakes up if we have a moment of lyrical or musical genius. Womp Womp.
3. We've eaten at some pretty awesome restaurants that aren't exactly kid-friendly. Now, it will be more challenging to go to a place without a kids menu (that contains chicken strips, mac & cheese, burgers, and spaghetti. Because apparently those are the only things that kids eat, according to every restaurant in America).
4. Traveling in record time (without speeding). We drive to Houston a lot (because that's where my family lives). We can make it with just one stop- we gas up the car, grab food, use the bathroom, and we're back on the road within less than 10 minutes. Now, with a tiny human that needs to eat, have his diaper changed, etc., it's going to take a lot longer to get somewhere.
5. Being able to give DJ my undivided attention. I can't even begin to explain how much I love this boy. Like, really. If you've ever met him, you know that he is the most wonderful man. I love when he comes home from work and I get to hear about his day. Being engaged in a conversation with him that is free from distractions is awesome. Starting tomorrow, I'll have to split that attention between two people. It's going to be an adjustment for sure, but we have promised each other that we are going to do everything we can to make our relationship a top priority. It will take time and a lot of work. But it will be so worth it.
DJ, The past (almost) 5 years of being yours have been the happiest years of my life. I'm so thankful to be married to someone who loves me so deeply and unconditionally. I can't wait to do this whole parenting thing with you.
I'm linking up with Lauren, Amanda (I can't find her Friday Favorites link up button... So I'm grabbing her blog button instead), and Karli!