Leslyn's Lovely Life: Five Favorites

Friday, July 11, 2014

Five Favorites


Since today is the last day before I officially become a mom (OMG), I figured I would do a little themed post. It's in honor of my husband (that mighty-fine-looking man in the picture), with it being his birthday tomorrow. :)

My five favorite things about it being just the two of us 

1. I've loved having the freedom to be spontaneous. Whether we pack up and visit the in-laws on a whim, or decide to go to dinner or get a sno-cone with our friends, it's been so nice to be able to do whatever we want, whenever we want. I married the king of spontaneity. He makes life so much fun.

2. I've loved having a little jam session whenever we want. Now, we'll have to wait until the baby wakes up if we have a moment of lyrical or musical genius. Womp Womp.

3. We've eaten at some pretty awesome restaurants that aren't exactly kid-friendly. Now, it will be more challenging to go to a place without a kids menu (that contains chicken strips, mac & cheese, burgers, and spaghetti. Because apparently those are the only things that kids eat, according to every restaurant in America).

4. Traveling in record time (without speeding). We drive to Houston a lot (because that's where my family lives). We can make it with just one stop- we gas up the car, grab food, use the bathroom, and we're back on the road within less than 10 minutes. Now, with a tiny human that needs to eat, have his diaper changed, etc., it's going to take a lot longer to get somewhere.

5. Being able to give DJ my undivided attention. I can't even begin to explain how much I love this boy. Like, really. If you've ever met him, you know that he is the most wonderful man. I love when he comes home from work and I get to hear about his day. Being engaged in a conversation with him that is free from distractions is awesome. Starting tomorrow, I'll have to split that attention between two people. It's going to be an adjustment for sure, but we have promised each other that we are going to do everything we can to make our relationship a top priority. It will take time and a lot of work. But it will be so worth it.

DJ, The past (almost) 5 years of being yours have been the happiest years of my life. I'm so thankful to be married to someone who loves me so deeply and unconditionally. I can't wait to do this whole parenting thing with you.

xoxo
Les

I'm linking up with LaurenAmanda (I can't find her Friday Favorites link up button... So I'm grabbing her blog button instead), and Karli! 

                                                          photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png


Meet @ the Barre

 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

11 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

aahh... this is so cute. You two are going to be great at that parenting thing :)

Yalanda Ludtke said...

Yay congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride, and I'm sure having kids will bring lots of spontaneity, if you look at it a certain way! ;)

Kristen said...

what a sweet post! i bet you can still do a lot of those things and the baby will (eventually) fit right in :)

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup said...

So, when I was preggers, I had this severe fear of never having a life of my own again. Needless to say, I was being so extremely silly. I think it's important to remember that while yes, your life is changing you and the hubs can still do all the things you did before baby - it just takes a little more planning and thought. Just keep that in mind. :-) You will be a fantastic mom and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! So exciting!!!! Good luck!

TwoSisters SierraFaith said...

Yay! Congratulations and all the best! Just posted this week about the first 9 months with my little guy, don't worry it's not all that bad! We still have our life and he is just an added bonus. Don't stop yourself from visiting those great restaurants. We still go, just at different times. If you go earlier before the dinner rush, especially if there is outdoor seating, it all works out! So excited for you!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

So sweet!!! You will be surprised at how well little man will travel if you start traveling with him early!! Olive has ridden in the car a lot for 6-8 hours at a time and she's a pro (most of the time :) I wish I had a great answer for how to divide your time and give undivided attention. Truth is: it can be tricky but make the most of nap times, early bed times and going on dates.

Meghan said...

What a cute post! A lot of these things are similar to what I love about it being just Layne and me. But this next part of your life is sure to be filled with even more love and adventure!

Mindy said...

Good luck welcoming your sweet baby tomorrow!!! It is such an amazing time!!

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

I love this post, how awesome! Best of luck on your delivery! It all depends on how you raise them with the noise. I have one set of friends that we never had to be quiet when Coop was born and it was awesome not being worried about waking him up from a nap!

Talya Tate Boerner said...

Great idea to do this sweet post. In a very short time, you won't be able to remember life without your new bundle. Congrats!

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love] said...

This is the cutest <3