Leslyn's Lovely Life: It's really happening.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

It's really happening.



Welp, we have an induction date. July 12 (E's due date). His daddy's birthday. And his grandpa's birthday. 3 generations of boys, all on the same day. Unless E decides to come early. Mama wouldn't be mad about that. ;)

Once we set that date at our appointment this week, it all got REAL. Sure, his nursery is set up, we've had baby showers, I feel a little alien person moving around inside of me. But still. It finally hit me that my life is never, ever going to be the same again. All in a matter of 9 days (or less).

Our marriage is going to change- we're adding a huge blessing to our family, but he is going to be a HUGE responsibility. Together, we're going to have to figure out how to raise a tiny person into a grown man. It's not going to be nearly as easy to go on spontaneous dates anymore, or have uninterrupted alone time with each other. We are no longer going to sit at our house, bored because there's nothing to do. We have a person to take care of. Together. It's crazy.

My routine is going to change. Waking up 20 minutes before I have to leave for work is not going to ever happen again. I'm going to have to feed my kiddo, get him ready for the day, get myself ready, and pack all of his stuff for day care. Then, I get to drive him to day care, go to work, pick him up, take him home, and take care of him as I cook dinner. If he gets fussy in the middle of the night, it's our job to fix the problem. Basically, my days are not my own anymore.

Our home is never going to look the same. Toys are going to be scattered all over the place. Instead of my background noise being whatever I want it to be, it will be a kids show (I don't even know what kids shows are on TV right now. I have some learning to do). There will be plugs in electric outlets, and those plastic latches that ensure that little fingers don't get smushed in cabinets.

So many changes. But you know what?

We're ready.

We have prayed and prayed for this little boy... Since I was a kid, I've wondered what my own kids would be like. In just a matter of days, I get to find out. It's surreal. And it's wonderful. I can't even fathom how much we're going to love this little boy. I'm so thankful to have the best team mate ever to do this with (seriously, mad props to you single parents. You deserve to wear crowns every day and have someone give you free Sonic drinks all the time for everything you do).

So I'm doing my very best not to wish away these last few days of "normalcy". I'm trying to embrace the awkwardness of having a watermelon at the front of my body and waddling everywhere I go, because this season is almost over. Has it been more challenging than I thought it would be? Absolutely (there's a post coming up on that next week). In spite of the frustrations, I'm thankful for a pregnancy that didn't have a bunch of complications that could have jeopardized the life of our sweet Emmett.

Here's to 9 (or less) days of relaxing, watching Netflix, reading good books, cleaning our home, and enjoying my last few moments of alone time.

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

8 comments:

Ashleigh W. said...

That would be so special & also very cool if he does wait and come on the 12th. Even though you would like for it to be earlier! Good luck with everything & enjoy your "me" time while you can :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

that would be so cool if your boy came on his daddy's and grandpa's b.day!

Tiffany said...

The closer and closer it gets I keep finding myself asking "are we ready"? It's scary and nerve racking all at the same time but something I have wanted for so long! We got this girl. Only a few more days.

Lindsay Ropella said...

Wow!! Congrats Mama! Such an exciting time!! I will be thinking of you guys this next week! Oh, and P.S. The 1 and almost 3 year old I nanny for LOVE Doc McStuffins and The Octonauts. Apparently Disney Jr is where all the cool kids hang out these days :)

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama.com said...

You have a good perspective on this. Just try to relax and enjoy the last few days before he comes. Praying for a safe delivery!

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup said...

Relish and enjoy your alone time. True, it will never be the same but that's OK - it will be SO. MUCH. BETTER. :-)

Andrea || Mitchael Journey said...

I am so excited to hear that you will be welcoming your little guy SOON! I will be praying for you and your husband as you begin this life-changing stage -- having and holding your little one :)
Blessings!
~Andrea || MitchaelJourney.com

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Things are definitely about to change - for the better :) It's so exciting to have a growing family! Soak up all the me time this week, nap often and do whatever you want to do. I know you were hoping your little man would come early, but being born on the 12th would be quite a tradition to carry on!! Take care :)