Leslyn's Lovely Life: Shows & Movies I'm Loving this Summer

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Shows & Movies I'm Loving this Summer

As many of you know, I'm a teacher, which means that I haven't had to work since the end of May. So for the past 7 weeks, I've been trying to find things that help the days pass more quickly. I've deep cleaned our house several times, read some books, worked out, napped, and of course, watched Netflix & Hulu. I figured I would give y'all a few recommendations, just in case you need to waste hours of your life. Oh, and I'll throw in a couple of Redbox movies in my little list. Because they were that good.

Back in the old college days (when I went to college in Nashville... EONS ago), I was a nursing major, and thought that this show would help me learn things about the nursing profession. Oh what a silly girl I was. I stopped watching after season 3. Several weeks ago, my sis-in-law told me she was watching Grey's on Netflix. And I thought, "Good grief, I love me some Shonda Rhimes, and if the show is still on TV after all these years, I'm probably missing out on something really good." So I started watching again. And man, I sure am glad that I did.


Okay. Shonda Rhimes again. And I'm cheating with this one (just a little bit), because I actually watched this show in the spring. But you guys. If you haven't watched Scandal before, you are missing out. It is hands down the best tv show I think I have ever watched. I can't get enough of it. 


Zooey Deschanel is hilarious and quirky. I want to be her best friend. Especially after watching New Girl. Seriously, this show makes me laugh with all of its' weird humor. I highly recommend it if you don't want to watch anything really "heavy". 


We all need a little reality TV in our lives. I have been really impressed with Andi this season. I still think that Emily is my favorite Bachelorette, but Andi is really killing it. Also, the dress in this promo is awesome. :)


This was a movie that got some hype during awards season... Which usually means that it would be a hit or miss kind of thing for me. We rented it the other night, and I was expecting to semi-enjoy it. But you guys- this movie was FABULOUS. I highly recommend it. Judi Dench is brilliant. I laughed much more than I thought I would. And I also got teary-eyed. I'm telling you- a great movie.

This was the biggest surprise for me. I thought I was going to HATE it. The only reason why I rented it was because it was from the director of Love Actually (as you can see in the picture). DJ and I both ended up really enjoying this movie. I highly recommend it if you're doing a date night in. :)

I've also watched Hart of Dixie and Pretty Little Liars, but I have to admit that they aren't my top choices. For me, the plots in both shows are d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g. So I gave up on them.

What shows & movies are you loving this summer? Any recommendations??

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

OK - I'm putting those movies on my Netflix right now.

I love Scandal & New Girl so much. Nick & Schmitt are the BESt :)

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Grey's Anatomy is amazing!! I didn't watch it when it first came out, but started this year with reruns on TV. I was hooked right away. Who's your favorite couple??? Derrick & Meredith for me. I'm kind of embarrassed at how many episodes have made me cry... haha :) I also love New Girl and wish I had Zooey's wardrobe.

Brittanylea02 said...

I also thought I was going hate About Time but I ended up really enjoying it!! Goes to show you can't judge! :)

Kelly said...

I LOVE Scandal!!! It's one of my all time favorite shows

I just finished Gossip Girl and LOVED it

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

scandal is my favorite too.