Leslyn's Lovely Life: The Nursery

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Nursery

I've been promising a nursery post for months. I'm soooo excited to finally share it with you! But first, here's a little preview of some newborn pictures that we took of our little guy.


Here are a couple of disclaimers before we really get into the bulk of this post.

1. We wanted to keep it simple. We see so many nurseries that are filled with a ton of... well... junk. Over the past few years, we've learned that we're very picky about what we put in our house, especially when it comes to stuff to hang on our walls. So no, you're not going to see a bunch of "stuff" on the walls. But that's exactly how we like it. :)

2. There are a lot of really cool things that were handmade by family members. That's what makes this nursery extra special for us.

3. Purchasing info will be at the bottom of the post!

Okay so a long time ago, I told you about how my hubby decided that we would have an airplane-themed nursery. Here's the picture that we used as our inspiration. Side note: Laybabylay.com is seriously an awesome website. Y'all should check it out. 



And here's what we came up with!










Wall Color: Palladian Blue, Benjamin Moore
Crib: Franklin & Ben Liberty
Crib Sheet: Jonathan Adler 
Curtains: Target
Pillow (that's only in crib for decorative purposes right now) ;) : Target (no longer available)
Poster: eBay (no longer available)
Poster Frame: Garden Ridge *
Quilt: Made by my aunt
Airplane mobiles: Made by my sister-in-law (inspiration from Pottery Barn)
Shelves: Old, painted to match room decor
Dresser: Craigslist find; Read the post here for details
Glider: Best Furniture, Rena
Pillow: Target
Airplane shelf: Thrift Store, painted by my aunt
Basket on airplane shelf: Garden Ridge
Propeller: HomeGoods *
Letters: Hobby Lobby (spray painted silver)
Left airplane: Marshall's *
Small airplane basket: HomeGoods
Right airplane: Pier 1
Baskets (on shelves): Garden Ridge

* Places like Garden Ridge, HomeGoods, and Marshall's don't really have a consistent stock- it kind of depends on what you find at each location.

 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

9 comments:

Paige said...

As a minimalist myself, I love what you've done in the nursery! People seem to be so obsessed with having so much STUFF and so much stimulus... and I just don't get it. But I think your nursery is adorable and I love your airplane theme!

Leslie Lukens Martin said...

The nursery looks awesome! And seriously, your SIL made those airplanes? Girl is talented! :) Baby E is a lucky lil guy!

Katie @ The Macarthurs Lately said...

Love his little nursery! So cute!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

So cute!! I love the airplanes and the thoughtful details - silver letters, comfy chair, etc. Great work!!

Ashleigh W. said...

SO cute! I can tell it will be a room that you and your family will enjoy :)

Kristy Mays said...

We went simple in our nursery too. I love the decor and your little man is already a heartthrob :)

Rebecca Jo said...

I love when baby nurseries aren't so "baby" - I love that's something he can grow up with.
So beautiful!

Angie said...

You did an awesome job on the nursery. It's perfect but not as perfect as the little guy though :)

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love] said...

So cute! Just enough stuff :) My husband always wanted to be a pilot growing up (but then chose a different direction) so one of our future boys will definitely have an airplane-themed room, too! :)