Leslyn's Lovely Life: What's the Plan?

Thursday, August 28, 2014

What's the Plan?

I have a confession.

I'm obsessed with planners. No really, I am. If you know me at all, you know I can't commit to doing anything without consulting my planner first (a trait that I inherited from my mom). I have it with me at all times, and I love keeping up with everything that I need to do. I'm so much like Monica from Friends- there is nothing more satisfying than checking something off of a list/planner (and saying the word "check" when it's accomplished).

Let's talk about how I keep all of my old planners. No, seriously. I do. And I don't know why I do it.


All except the top right one were purchased at Target or Office Depot. DJ bought the top right one for me as a Christmas gift (it's Vera Bradley). These are all pretty basic. They aren't personalized, aren't expensive, and they don't really have a ton of features. 

Then, all of the Erin Condren madness began. So I had to take jump on the bandwagon. Suddenly, planners went from costing around $15 (except for the Vera one) to about $50. But in my mind, it was TOTALLY worth it. Who doesn't love having their name on their planner, and having a cool chevron design on the cover?! 


So I used my life planner. But- I found that I was having a hard time fitting everything in some of the columns (I guess I'm not a column person?), and I realized that I wasn't taking advantage of a lot of the features that I was paying for (stickers, space for notes in the back of the planner, etc.). I wanted to have something that was more simple, but was still personalized.

Enter Maybooks. 


I love Maybooks for many, many reasons. First of all, the monogram. Duh. Then there are a BAZILLION design options. No, seriously- it's unreal. I love that you get to design your cover and that it's so unique. When I first discovered Maybooks, I spent an hour designing different covers (no, this is not an exaggeration). I love that it's so light, compact, but that I can still fit (most of) my daily things on there. I use it in every way possible, so I don't feel like anything is going to waste. Oh, and it's half the price of the Erin Condren planner. 

Here's my dilemma...

With a new kiddo, I know I'm going to have to keep up with A LOT more stuff than I used to. Which means I'm going to have to go back to a large planner (Erin Condren sized- but there won't be enough writing space). I started doing a lot of research (I told you that I take my planner very seriously), and I came across these two options. 


As far as the pages go, they're almost identical. There's only a $1 price difference ($58 and $59... I would totally get my money's worth).  Whitney English has more design options, but I like the designs from both companies. So basically, I just need to pick one based on the cover design. 

I'll let y'all know which one I go with (because I'll be the giddiest person in the world whenever it comes in the mail). What planner(s) do you recommend?

xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

7 comments:

Kristy @ Rejoice and Repeat said...

My friend uses the Simplified Planner and loves it!

Leslie Lukens Martin said...

This is the first I've heard of The Simplified Planner...what do you think the app (coming soon according to the website) is going to offer? Hmmm...I'm anxious to see which one you decide to buy!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I am the same way..I can't pass up a good planner!

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama.com said...

I LOVE planners too! I just got this one from Target and I LOVE it.

Maegan Inzer said...

Emily Ley planner 100%!!! I'm a planner freak myself.

Tiffany said...

I had same problem.. bought a life planner.. ended up being too bulky and not enough space. Now I have a Maybook for me/ct/kingston and one for the blog/etsy business. I can still carry both since they are so light weight and dont talk up much space. Ill be awaiting a review of the emily ley planner!

Nancy @ Neatly-Packaged said...

OMG I LOVE planners too!! I actually have that vera bradley print as a purse! :)

Interested in making new blogger friends and get a kickass journal? Check out my latest post! :)
http://neatly-packaged.com/