No, this isn't a recent picture. I'm just missing my skinny, long-haired self.
A few weeks ago, it hit me... I'll be 30 in only 3 years.
So I finally decided to do this and make a 30 before 30 list. Here we go!
1. Begin doctoral work (I can't decide if I want to get a D.M.A. in Conducting or a Ph. D. in Music Education)
2. Learn to play a new instrument
3. Take a trip at least once a year
4. Learn how to make fried rice (like the good, Japanese steakhouse kind of fried rice)
5. Sew a minimum of 3 articles of clothing for myself (and actually wear them)
6. Learn how to paint with oils
7. Grow a garden (flowers or food... doesn't matter)
8. Create a successful blog brand (this blog has come a long way, but I think it could grow a lot more)
9. Become more proficient in photography
10. Open an Etsy store
11. Go to New York
12. Watch a movie at a drive in theater
13. Host a dinner party
14. Run a half marathon
15. Go to a vineyard
16. Disconnect from the world for a weekend (no phone, email, social media, etc.)
17. Visit an orchard or a pumpkin patch
18. Master the eight-angle yoga pose
19. Have a spa day
20. Be a published or paid writer (or maybe both??)
21. Start (and stick with) a skin care regimen
22. Improve my posture
23. Learn how to bake a delicious (and pretty) dessert
24. Have a post go viral on social media
25. Go to a high-end restaurant and eat a dinner that I cannot afford
26. Learn how to do pretty coffee art with lattes
27. Learn how to play a piano piece more challenging than any other piece I've learned.
28. Participate in a 30 day challenge (photography, whole 30, etc.)
29. Find the perfect LBD
30. Upgrade my camera