Leslyn's Lovely Life: Emily Ley Planner Review

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Emily Ley Planner Review

This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.

Being a new mom is overwhelming. I went from being the most organized, "together" person to being completely scatterbrained. It frustrated me that I couldn't keep "it" together. After I had little E, I wanted more than anything to simplify my life by scaling back and getting rid of all of the clutter- whether it was in my house, in my life, or in my schedule.

Enter the Simplified Planner.


I never thought I would say this about a planner, but this thing is a Godsend. But before I really explain why, let's talk about a couple of fun things. First of all, I am in love with the cheerful, happy cover design. I never thought I would want a bright pink planner, but I guess I need some girly things in my life, now that I'm outnumbered. ;)


I love that there's a pocket in the front of the planner where I can easily store receipts, documents, or cards that I need to send out (because let's keep it real- I still have plenty of thank you notes to write).


I love that there is an inspirational quote at the top of every page- it motivates me to keep going and stay positive. Of course, I decided to show you this quote because I'm a music teacher.


Something that I've missed with my planner from this year is a monthly tab. I've been using a paper clip to access the week that I'm on, and while it's efficient, it's not cute. I like that the tabs are durable, and that they're in happy colors. 



But my absolute favorite thing about the Simplified Planner is the page layout. Here are a few reasons why:

1. One day gets an entire page. This is exactly what I've needed all along, and I especially need it now that I have to manage another person's schedule, too.
2. The day is broken down into hours, so you can keep everything in a neat, organized list
3. There's a spot for a checklist. You know that I'm like Monica Geller when it comes to checking things off of my list.
4. There's a spot to write about dinner plans. I just love this.


While the planner is heavier, thicker, and more expensive than others, it's exactly what I need to stay organized, focused, and feel like there's some kind of structure in my life. I know that I will get much more than my money's worth out of the Simplified Planner. It's pretty, practical, and perfect for this new mama.


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

33 comments:

Storybook Apothecary said...

super cute planner! I love the simple pink color and design ♥

Logan Cantrell said...

What a cute planner! I love that it includes inspirational quotes. Everyone needs that during their day. :)

Lindsay Living Vegan said...

OOO this looks like a great planner! I might need to get the for work :)

Stephanie Cox said...

While I consider myself quiet the planner lover, I can't work with a planner that has the hours. One that is just the month works best for me. However those aren't all that pretty.

Fiona Naughton said...

That planner is so lovely!

theaccidentalmama.com said...

It looks like a beautiful planner! It's so hard to find a good one!
xoxo
The Accidental Mama
http://theaccidentalmama.com

Eat Drink and Be Mary said...

This is such a cute planner. I love the design on the outside, and the quotes at the top of each page. And I love the Friends reference!

inaworldofbees.com said...

This comment was made for those that are completely organized at heart! AND I think you have sold me on it! Getting one for next year!
Thanks for sharing!

xoxo
Brooke

inaworldofbees.com

Angelic Sinova said...

What a cute planner! I just ordered my yearly planner last week <3

Erica Bodker said...

I can not live without my planter.

All That Glitters said...

I love it! So cute! Planners are getting so expensive these days! I just forked over $35 for my Kate Spade planner....eeesh!

Natalie said...

I love a good planner. This one is really cute with all of the bright, fun colors!

Andi said...

Oh I so need one of these, I love how it is laid out, I definitely need to check this out!

Brendy Beauty said...

Such a cute planner!

Winter White said...

I love planners and planners in pink are perfection!

M. Mobery said...

I really like the idea of planners and being organized. I have bought many a planner in my days and never used it. I am the worst with being scheduled and organized that way.

spiffykerms said...

I live for any type of stationary or planners, seriously love writing things down and keeping myself organized. That pink one you have is really nice too!

Jenna Brussee said...

This is exactly what I'm looking for in a planner! It's super cute, so just looking at it would make me happy. Plus, I love that each day gets it's own page. The pages are very simple and easy to read. Love it!

Neely said...

I got the navy one and I love it!

celery and cupcakes said...

This is so apt for me right now as I'm expecting by baby any day now. Being a new mom is going to be such a challenge and it's going to involve so many changes.

Rebekah Clarke said...

Looks like a great planner!! I am definitely going to check it out!

Jessica Doll @ Team Wiking said...

Beautiful planner! I love all of the colored tabs.

Ashley McCardia said...

That planner is so cute! I need a new one.

Liv Love said...

I to am a planner girl!!! This layout is great! I just wish it was Clutch able!!! I always end up with big planners and small purses!!

CrunchyCrafty HighlyCaffeinated said...

Ugh!!! I just got myself an Erin Condren, but I am starting to think that this layout would have been a better fit! I had no clue that there were so many options when I ordered lol

Ayana said...

Thank you for sharing this! Looks like they have a Good Friday sale that I will definitely be using. I am so in need of a great planner and this looks exactly what what I need.

Thrifting Diva
www.thriftingdiva.com

Christen P said...

I use regular old .99 notebooks as planners but I have been considering investing in a real planner to get more organized.

Ecuador InMyEyes said...

What a beautiful planner! It's really cute. I suck at planning myself.

Lauren said...

I like that each page gets a whole day! Great way to break up your do-list and meetings! Thank you for sharing!

Jennifer Pilgrim said...

I've ordered Erin Condren planners these last few years but I'm ready for something new and different. This could be it!

Amby Felix said...

I love this! planners are coming back! :)

JoAnn said...

I love this! I recently bought a notebook because I miss the organization that paper brings. Something about technology, with everything available, makes me a little more scatterbrained.

The Clarkson Chronicles said...

Emily Ley makes a weekly edition too (entire month laid out and then each week gets it's own page)- still super cute and stylish, but much more conducive to the way I plan!!