Leslyn's Lovely Life: Emmett: 2 Months

Friday, September 12, 2014

Emmett: 2 Months



Another month has flown by. Emmett has changed a lot... And it makes this mama a little sad. Here's what's going on in our little buddy's world these days.

Weight: 10 lbs. 8 oz. (32nd percentile)
Height: 22.5 in. (47th percentile)
Head: 16 in. (79th percentile)


Milestones: Emmett is continuing to hold his head up longer and longer. He smiles a whole lot, which warms this Mama's heart. He coos, and will respond to us when we talk to him. Whenever he gets really excited, he inhales really loudly and it's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. His hair on his head is growing back, and he still has very hairy ears and a hairy back. 

Sleep: We still wake up twice a night to feed him. He's slept through the night (7 hours straight) 3 times this month. We're hoping that he will start doing this more often (he hasn't done this in a few weeks).



Favorite Things: Playing with Mama and Daddy, looking at our curtains in the living room (and anything else that's high contrast), looking at the gallery wall in our dining room, blowing spit bubbles, listening to classical piano music, reading books, sucking on his fist (and paci), and bath time. Bath time is probably his favorite thing of all. He's also a morning person like his Mama. We also love going on walks and looking at the big trees in our neighborhood.

Health: Our little buddy is growing at a steady pace. There are days where we have to give him gas drops like it's candy, but overall, he's doing great! He got his first set of shots last week, and he was sleepy for about 2 days. Then he was back to his old self. 

Feeding: He eats every 2-3 hours. I have to pump at work, which is frustrating and time consuming (there are some days where I don't get a break at all, which means that I'm pumping while I type emails. So fun). But hey, it's way cheaper than formula. So I'm sticking with it.

And here's the obligatory "I-hate-getting-my-picture-taken" photo...


Our darling Emmett, we can't get enough of you, sweet boy. It blows our minds that we were hoping, wishing, and praying for you a little one just a year ago. You're our sweetest gift. 
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

5 comments:

Nicole M. Hutchison said...

SWOOON!!!!!! Oh my stars, this is precious and I'm remembering when Kamden was two months old ... seven months ago. HA! Girl, they grow up so fast but it's beyond wonderful and I'm so happy for you. As an exclusive pumper, I admire working mamas who pump at work. I stay home so my schedule is much more flexible, but you are AMAZING for working and pumping. Go girl, go! As such, if you ever have questions or just need someone to give you a virtual hug or word of encouragement from one pumper to another, I'm your girl. I am a milk machine, literally, and an open book. There's not much I won't say or share. In other news, I'm dying to see pictures of your gallery walls. I want to create one (or ten) but it's so overwhelming and I'm so not DIY-ish. LOL

Hugs,
Nicole

Nicole said...

What a cutie! He is so alert! Thanks for sharing your little guy with us!

Nicole =)

Stephanie Cox said...

I'm so glad you didn't give up breastfeeding just because you returned for work. You will be so happy you stuck with it, sticky keyboard and all ;)

Jillian O'Keefe said...

I think when you name a child Emmett it is a MUST that they're adorable. He is just the SWEETEST!! <3

Kat Tanita (With Love From Kat) said...

Love this! He is too cute!! Hope you’ll enter my L’Occitane giveaway: http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection

xo Kat
www.withlovefromkat.com