Leslyn's Lovely Life: Mama Mondays

Monday, September 1, 2014

Mama Mondays



Leslyn's Lovely Life
Hey everyone!

Well, the big day is FINALLY here! We're starting off with Mama Mondays today, and I am SOOOO excited!

First of all, for those of you who are stopping by for the first time, I need to introduce you to the little boy who made me a mama... Sweet little Emmett.

(for those of you who have been around for a while... I'm sorry for using the same picture over and over again. BUT JUST LOOK AT HOW CUTE HE IS, GOSH!)

Anyways, I thought I'd start off with a hilarious story that happened a few weeks ago. I posted the short version of it on my Facebook a few hours after it happened, but I figured it's time to tell the whole story.

At the time, Emmett was still sleeping in his bassinet next to his mama. Usually, I wake up because he is crying and ready to eat. Well, this time, I woke up at 4 in the morning because of a TERRIBLE smell (y'all know what it was). He was kind of squirmy and it was time to feed him anyways, so I decided to get him up and change him before I fed him. 

Now, if you are a breastfeeding mama, you know that you are ALWAYS thirsty (or maybe that's not normal? I don't know. All I know is that I've never been more hydrated in my entire life). I always have a giant tervis tumbler full of ice water on my bedside table, right next to where E used to sleep. So I stood up to get out of bed, walked around his bassinet to my bedside table and turned on the lamp. In the process of moving my arm back to pick E up, I knocked the giant tervis tumbler full of ice water on top of Emmett. 

SCREAMING, y'all. Unlike anything I've ever heard before. It was kind of impressive. 

DJ jumped up from his deep sleep and said "DID YOU DROP THE BABY?!?!" Oh my gosh, you guys. So dramatic. "No, I dumped ice water on him." "Oh," and then he rolled over and went back to sleep. Obviously, he wasn't too worried about it. 

E always sleeps in a diaper and one of those fancy swaddle-wrap-thingies (which was drenched), so I laid him down at the foot of our bed, quickly pulled him out of his swaddle, then set him on the changing table where I changed his diaper. 

As I was changing him, I realized that he had a massive blowout. My eyes get real wide. I slowly turned around to pick up the swaddle off of the foot of the bed, and my worst fear was confirmed. There was poop all. over. our white quilt. Nervously, I said, "DJ?" (he squinted and barely opened one eye) "He had a blowout. It's on the bed." Without saying a word, he got up, grabbed the Oxi-Clean and a rag, and scrubbed the stain out while I fed the kiddo. The man is a saint, I tell you.

When I posted about my son participating in the ALS ice bucket challenge on Facebook, I got some hilarious comments... Here are some of my favorites:

"Emmett is SO trendy!"
"Did he call any other babies out first?"
"He's always cared so deeply about charitable causes..."

I have funny friends. 

Of course there were some people who felt bad for the little guy. Initially, I did too. The thing is, I stopped feeling bad about it as soon as I started feeding him after I dried him off and cleaned him up. I thought it was hilarious about 5 minutes after the whole ordeal. Because you know what? When stuff like that happens, you HAVE to laugh about it and move on. And he's not going to remember when stuff like that happens anyways. ;)

So there's my inaugural Mama Mondays post. Please link up with Logan and me! We'd love to read your stories/look at adorable pictures. And y'all- a link up is an AWESOME opportunity to make new connections with other bloggers. I want to encourage you to check out (and comment on) at least a few posts. You never know- you might find your new bloggy bff! And please grab our button so other people can find us to join in on the fun! 

Happy posting (and reading)!

xoxo
Les

Leslyn's Lovely Life
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

11 comments:

Fiona Naughton said...

Little Emmett is absolutely adorable Leslyn! My cousin is also called Emmett, I don't think it's a common name though, very unique! Thanks for hosting, I've linked up :)

Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

110142693793485377328 said...

Your son is SO cute!! This story is so absolutely mamma funny because it's so real - and of course it all went down in the middle of the night. HAHAH

110142693793485377328 said...

Your son is SO cute!! This story is so absolutely mamma funny because it's so real - and of course it all went down in the middle of the night. HAHAH

Nancy @ Neatly-Packaged said...

How adorable!!! :) He is so cute!

Interested in making new blogger friends and getting a kickass journal? Check out my latest post!

http://neatly-packaged.com/

Chrissy Jordan said...

LOL! It happens to the best of us. The other night my 3 year old climbed in bed with us, and I guess in the middle of the night we had rearranged ourselves so that my husband could sneak away for work extra early. Well... I heard what I thought was the alarm and gave what I thought was my husband the ceremonial wake up shove... Nope, it was my three year old. He went flying off the edge of the bed! Whoops! lol

Megan said...

He is adorable! Poor little thing! My first thought when I read that you spilled the ice water on him was that he was participating in the ice bucket challenge, so I liked that you said that later. :) It made me not feel so bad.

Amanda Haney said...

He is absolutely precious. I love his name!

Stephanie Cox said...

Oh man! Poor little guy! Wait for the day, he spills some cold water on you!

ilmagpie.com said...

Hilarious! I totally agree with you about perspective and taking the small giggles where you can!

Logan Cantrell said...

That is hilarious! Emmett is so adorable! I'm so excited to be hosting the link-up with you! :)

xoxo

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

This is so cute! And that story hilarious... But same like you, I would have freaked out immediately too... I'll be sure to post next Monday