Well, this mama survived her first week back at work. PRAISES. I didn't cry, but I think it had a lot to do with the fact that my mom was here to keep our little E. Today, he starts at his day care. I'm super nervous about it, even though I've heard great things about the room he'll be in. So if you could say a little prayer for me today (and this week) as I hand him over to complete strangers, I'd appreciate it.
If I could sum up my life in one word at this moment, it would be OVERWHELMED. So I need to get a few things off of my chest. Hopefully some of you can relate.
1. I really need to clean the house, but I don't get to love on Emmett while I'm at work, so I end up choosing to spend time with him. While I don't regret my decision to love on him, I don't like sitting in a house that I clean. And yes, my husband is super helpful around the house, but I want to do it because it's kind of therapeutic for me.
2. Pumping at work is SO STINKING HARD. WOW.
3. I want to throw out about half of my stuff in my house so everything is much more simplified. All of the "noise" and clutter is bothering me and stressing me out.
4. I miss my kiddo all the time. Even when he's in the other room. Good grief.
5. I missed 3 weeks of school, and I have SO much to do to get caught up. Last week, I never stopped to take a break. Like, I ate while I was doing something else.
6. I haven't gone grocery shopping in nearly 2 weeks.
7. There's a secret project I'm about to start working on, but I'm so scared that I will fail.
8. Medical bills are super dumb. Insurance is even worse.
9. Sometimes, the blog stresses me out... But then I start writing about everything, and I feel so much better. So I'm not quitting the blog.
10. I feel like I've been irritable over the past few weeks... I suppose it's sleep deprivation? Regardless, I feel terrible for the catty things that go on in my brain (I try to filter them and not say things out loud).
So there's a fraction of what's going on in my brain. I promise that next week will be more fun and happy and light.