Leslyn's Lovely Life: Mama Mondays

Monday, September 22, 2014

Mama Mondays

The. Sweetest. Picture. Ever.



Leslyn's Lovely Life

Here are just a few lessons that I've learned in the past few weeks (I wrote a similar post a few weeks ago- but I'm learning something new every day).

1. Lights and ceiling fans are the best toys.

2. Babies that blow spit bubbles and coo are the cutest.

See what I mean?!?! 

3. Emmett sleeps through the night when he's sick (little bud got sick last week... He was pitiful, mama was scared... but then mama got sleep and we were fine).

4. Day care might end up being a good thing for us, because a) he's not as high maintenance as he was before (we were about to change his name to "Princess Barbie Emmett"), and b) he will have a better immune system (see #3).

5. Emmett is the absolute sweetest in the morning and it makes me want to cuddle and squeeze him. 

6. It's hard to be as motivated at work, because all you want to do is pick up your baby from day care. Especially when he's across the street. It's way too convenient.

7. I'm coming to terms with the fact that IT'S OKAY to have dirty dishes in the sink and junk all over the place when you have a newborn. I seriously need to give myself more grace, and focus on what truly matters... my husband and the baby. Duh. 

8. Once you get the hang of it, using cloth diapers isn't THAT bad. We still use disposable diapers at night time, when we're out and about for a long time, or at church. 

9. There is no worse feeling than being sick (like, contagious fever sick) and not being able to hold your baby unless you're feeding him. It's. Terrible.

10. I will never stop taking cute pictures of the baby. 





Please grab our button and link up with us! :) 

Leslyn's Lovely Life




 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

39 comments:

Kristy @ Rejoice and Repeat said...

I still sort of struggle with the dirty dishes and clothes everywhere but, like you said, there are more important things.

Dallas Socials said...

OMG, what a sweet sweet baby. Never stop taking pictures!

Bethani Gregg said...

hes so cute!
fans are definitely a great form of entertainment for littles - mine is almost 2 and still enjoys them

Unknown said...

What a cutie! so expressive.

Aubrey Grossen said...

We must be on the same wave length because I do "Monday Mamas" and spotlight different moms on my blog. Check it out www.themamahood2014.blogspot.com Would love to link up or do a spotlight for you to help you out!

Jenny B said...

He is ADORABLE. I can't wait to link up. My little one is due today so hopefully within the next 2 weeks I'll be able to join :3

Kaitlin Goodall said...

Sooo cute!!!! Love the first pic!!

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

feel better soon!!! And yes, those baby coos--- miss them so much!! Enjoy! Just now he'll be asking why you didn't wash his favourite sweater yet :-)

Erica Marie said...

What a sweetie! My son is not 21 months and a day hasn't gone by where I don't take at least 20 photos! Definitely don't stop!

Erica Marie said...

What a sweetie! My son is not 21 months and a day hasn't gone by where I don't take at least 20 photos! Definitely don't stop!

Melissa Haag said...

Oh, Emmett is SO cute! Those big eyes would just melt me. :) It can be overwhelming when they are so little and so dependent on momma, but it literally goes in the blink of an eye.

Alisha H. said...

What a sweet baby! My daughter loved the ceiling fan when she was tiny too. It was the first thing at which she ever smiled.

Jenna Brussee said...

This is a great link up idea! Your son is such a cutie!

Trish said...

He's sooo adorable. Mine is a toddler already (yikes!) and I still don't get the dishes done in a timely manner. Usually I just wait until the odor is too offensive ;-)

Camille Millecam Whiting said...

Such a cute little guy! I'm glad you're adjusting and getting a handle on so many things too!

Andi said...

Beautiful baby! I don't have kids but newborns are so cute I can imagine that all you want to do is be with them!

spiffykerms said...

I don't blame you for taking pictures of your sweet boy. He's a cutie - love those eyes of his.

Alyssa said...

Oh my goodnesss what a cute little boy!! I love these pictures! It makes me with my little one was already here!!!

Winter White said...

Wow Emmette is a doll! Enjoy this time with him, forget about the dishes ;)

Angelic Sinova said...

Emmett is ADORABLE! What a lucky mama you are <3

Brendy Beauty said...

OMG! Such a little cutie!!

The Gals said...

He is too cute!! I can never resist a little baby in bumbo so that first one really kills me - haha!

M. Mobery said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute!!! What a handsome guy. He is going to be a heart breaker for sure.

Jenn @ hellorigby! said...

aw, too sweet! what a little cutie he is!

Miranda Myrabev said...

awwww such a cutie pie, its ok to have a mess with new borns its normal am told

Brooklyn Jolley said...

What a cute baby you have! <3 I'm not sure I'd be up for the challenge of cloth diapers, but it sounds like you've got the hang of it!

Amby Felix said...

Such a cutie pie! That first picture is priceless! What a little personality!!!

Neely said...

Most gorgeous child

theaccidentalmama.com said...

I love all his faces! He has such dreamy eyes. excuse me while I get my hormones under control...
xoxo
The Accidental Mama
http://theaccidentalmama.com

celery and cupcakes said...

OMG! He is utterly gorgeous!

Kendall Rayburn said...

What a cutie pie! We have that same bumbo and my little one loves it!

Sarah Woods said...

What a cutie pie! My kids always sleep a lot when they are sick. It is sad and great all at the same time.

Jessica Doll @ Team Wiking said...

Your littles are too cute. Spit bubbles are always cute as babies, but my toddler is trying them out now.. :( lol

Carly said...

He is too freakin' cute! I seriously don't even know what you wrote about because I couldn't get over how cute he is!!

Ecuador InMyEyes said...

Wonderful pictures! Your baby is such a cutie! How adorable!

Stephanie Cox said...

What a handsome little guy! They grow so fast so be sure to keep on snapping those photos.

Jordan Wise said...

Big baby cheeks get me everytime! So cute!

Ayana Pitterson said...

Please don't get me started about the amount of clothes to wash with these little ones. On the other side, your little one is really cute!

Thrifting Diva
www.thriftingdiva.com

Raewyn @ Be A Warrior Queen said...

Oh my gosh he is just the cutest little thing! I think it is totally okay to feel that way about daycare - I know I would definitely be the same way when I have kids!!