Here are just a few lessons that I've learned in the past few weeks (I wrote a similar post a few weeks ago- but I'm learning something new every day).
1. Lights and ceiling fans are the best toys.
3. Emmett sleeps through the night when he's sick (little bud got sick last week... He was pitiful, mama was scared... but then mama got sleep and we were fine).
4. Day care might end up being a good thing for us, because a) he's not as high maintenance as he was before (we were about to change his name to "Princess Barbie Emmett"), and b) he will have a better immune system (see #3).
5. Emmett is the absolute sweetest in the morning and it makes me want to cuddle and squeeze him.
6. It's hard to be as motivated at work, because all you want to do is pick up your baby from day care. Especially when he's across the street. It's way too convenient.
7. I'm coming to terms with the fact that IT'S OKAY to have dirty dishes in the sink and junk all over the place when you have a newborn. I seriously need to give myself more grace, and focus on what truly matters... my husband and the baby. Duh.
8. Once you get the hang of it, using cloth diapers isn't THAT bad. We still use disposable diapers at night time, when we're out and about for a long time, or at church.
9. There is no worse feeling than being sick (like, contagious fever sick) and not being able to hold your baby unless you're feeding him. It's. Terrible.
10. I will never stop taking cute pictures of the baby.