Leslyn's Lovely Life: Mama Mondays

Monday, September 8, 2014

Mama Mondays

Leslyn's Lovely Life
You guys.

Today is my first day back at work. I'm so excited to get back into a routine, and I'm thrilled to have a good excuse to put makeup on and get dressed up every day. But oh how my heart hurts leaving my little boy. My mom is up here this week to help me get used to the idea of not having him around (bless her). That means that E won't be in day care until next week (I might be even more of a mess next week than I am today). I know that it will get easier as we settle into his routine and I get to know (and trust) his teachers. But dang. My heart is breaking right now. So if you're reading this, say a little prayer for this sad mama. It's hard to transition from having your little one with you at all times to not seeing him for 7-ish hours.

A few weeks ago, I broke down and cried because I have no idea how I'm going to balance work and home life. It's so hard to accomplish anything on my to-do list now that I have a sweet little boy (because I would rather love on him than do anything else... And of course there are the days where he is crying so much that I can't get anything done). I have no clue how I'm going to get anything done now that I'm working. I guess I'm going to have to give myself a lot of grace (which is hard for me to do anyways).

So again: Prayers, please. :)

If this is your first time to link up with us, welcome!! We're so excited you're here! If you could please grab our button and put it in your post, that would be awesome! Logan and I really think that this link up is special, and we want a bunch of people to get involved, and YOU can help us by adding the button to your post. We appreciate it!




Leslyn's Lovely Life
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

9 comments:

Kristy @ Rejoice and Repeat said...

You'll find balance before you know it. Motherhood is a beautiful mess. Embrace it :) From one working momma to another, you've got this!

Holly said...

It's so tough going back to work! Praying you and your little one have a smooth transition :)

This is my first time linking up--looking forward to connecting with other mommy bloggers!

Nicole M. Hutchison said...

Oh Les, my heart is breaking for you right now. I cannot - CANNOT - imagine having to leave Kamden right now. Ugh, just the thought makes me cry and break out in hives. Sending lots of prayers for all of you today and everyday, they say it gets easier but who is 'they' and do they really have kids?!?!

Chin up, buttercup! Oh hey, this is my first week linking up with you and Logan. Glad to be here.

Blessings,
Nicole

TwoSisters SierraFaith said...

I completely understand what you are going through. Prayers are with you during this transition time. It has gotten easier for me with accepting the fact my little guy is in daycare, but there is no doubt I think about him constantly during my work day and wish I was at home watching him grow. We are strong women and can do anything we put our minds to! Don't be afraid to lean on your friends and husband for support. Glad to be linking with you today.

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Thinking of you today! I'm so happy to hear that your mom is in AR for the week to help you with the transition. You'll find a way to find balance and have lots of great working mom tips to share someday down the road :)

Kaitlin Goodall said...

It's so hard to be a working mama!!!! I just returned to work after having my second and it wasn't any easier the second time. Hang in there! It does get easier.

Kaitlin
www.littlegoodiesblog.blogspot.com

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Awww.... it's tough. I remember with my first, she cried in daycare and I cried in the car. Hang in there.... at least your mama is here to help a bit... just remember, the first weeks are the toughest!

First time linking up!!

Lilith Dorsey said...

Good luck, my oldest daughters first day was rough. Hang in there!

Stephanie Cox said...

Prayers to you sweet Mama. As a full time SAHM, I wonder how moms that work outside the house get it all done. Bottom line, if you gotta pick from spending time with your little one or folding clothes, your little one wins... every single time!