Leslyn's Lovely Life: The Song

Friday, September 5, 2014

The Song

This post is a part of The Song blog tour. To learn more about the movie, click here



Faith-based films have a certain stigma attached to them. I remember watching Left Behind with Kirk Cameron. I was only 13 years old, but I was savvy enough to know that the quality of the acting, script, and production was not very high (sorry, Kirk).

Since then, I've watched more movies in this genre, and they've gotten better without compromising biblical beliefs. So when I received an invitation to screen The Song before its release, I had to see what it was about. 

As I was watching the movie, it kind of reminded me of Nashville (y'all know I love that show). I don't want to give the whole story away, but the gist of it is this: Musician meets girl. They get married. He writes a song for her that propels him to stardom. He has to tour, while girl stays at home with their son. They drift apart. That's all I'm going to say, because I'm not going to ruin the whole movie for you (now that would be silly, right?). 

After watching the film, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. The soundtrack was great, the acting was MUCH better than I've ever seen in a faith-based film. The writing was superior to any other films in this genre. 

But here's something that I really liked about it: The film brought up topics that are usually taboo in this genre. I love that they decided to add those things in this movie, because they are things that are most certainly issues in the church today, but people tend to sweep those issues under the rug and not mention them. The thing is: life is hard. Marriage is hard. It takes a lot of work. And this film encourages the message that if you don't put the effort in to those important relationships, things can go downhill. Quickly. 

I highly recommend The Song. It will be released in theaters on September 26th. Check out the preview below! 


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

7 comments:

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama.com said...

Thanks for sharing this! I had not heard of this film before and will have to give it a try!

Ines RdP said...

hello dear!
OMG!Your have a great blog! pics are inspiring me! So creative :)
I wanna to ask you if you want to follow each other?
Let me know , pleas. I always follow back. Will be great keep in touch! :)
have a great day !!
xoxo

www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

Alyssa Zapinski said...

I had no idea that this was even in the making! It looks like such a wonderful movie. Thanks for sharing!!

Storybook Apothecary said...

I haven't heard of this film, but will definitely give it a look when it's released! I normally hate faith based films ( sorry ) - I love movies and usually the acting is horrible and it's incredibly biased. It's one thing to encourage positive life and kindness and faith, but sometimes it turns into bashing everyone else but their religion and I think that goes against religious teachings themselves. like I really did not like God's Not Dead ( LOVE that song though haha ). but anyhow :) this looks way better than that!

Stephanie Cox said...

While I don't get to the movies as much as I would like to, I will add this to my list of movies I want to see.

Nowadays, faith isn't something shared as much as I think it should be. It's promising that there is a movie based around religion.

Alexandra Stella said...

Looks like a nice movie. Not sure if it will be released over here, but I'll watch out for it.

Alex - Funky Jungle

Unknown said...

It was a great movie! Thanks for promoting it! I cried thought the second half of the movie (and I never cry) I like the poetic use if verses thoughout the movie.