Leslyn's Lovely Life: Emmett: 3 Months

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Emmett: 3 Months



The past three months have flown by.... Our little boy has given us more joy than we could've ever imagined! Here's everything you need to know about our sweet E!

Weight: 11 lbs (10th percentile... More on this at the bottom of this post)
Height: 25 inches (75th percentile)
Head circumference: 16.75 inches (75th percentile)

Milestones: He is starting to try to roll over, but he isn't quite there yet. Whenever he gets frustrated or fussy and he's laying down, he kicks his feet and it makes him move in a circle. It's kind of funny. He's also starting to grab for things, and he's talking more and more! He also loves looking at his feet and hands. 

Sleep: Last night was the first time he slept through the night in over a month. He slept for nine hours, which was glorious for this mama and daddy. Usually, he wakes up twice for feedings. The other night was the first night that he slept in his crib for the entirety of the night. Usually, he gets fussy and we get tired of going back and forth between the rooms, so we end up putting him in his bassinet in our room. Now, we are trying to create a habit (for us... Ha!) of keeping him in his crib all night.

Favorite Things: Sucking on his fist, reading books, talking to mommy and daddy, looking at fans and lights, listening to music, eating, bath time, facetiming/skyping with his family, swinging, cuddling with his daddy.

Health: Emmett has had a really hard time gaining weight. I've been to the lactation consultant, we've been to the doctor multiple times, he's eating twice the amount that he used to, and we're trying medicine, but he's still having a really hard time. When he was first born, he was a big baby. So if you could pray that we figure out why he's having a hard time gaining weight, that would be awesome.  

Feeding: Emmett is primarily breast-feeding, but we made the decision to supplement with formula once or twice a day. He definitely prefers mommy milk, but is slowly resisting formula less and less. As I mentioned before, he has doubled the amount that he eats at each feeding.
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

6 comments:

Kristy @ Rejoice and Repeat said...

Hey girl! I had the same issue with our daughter. Come to find out I was not producing the amount that I thought I was. We supplemented and she began to gain. For us it my issue. I hope you find out the problem. We'll keep him (and you+hubby) in our prayers.

Shannan Knudsen said...

Both my boys are little guys on the weight chart, but they are doing great developmentally. To our pediatrician, that's what is most important. We even visited a pediatric gastroenterologist and made sure there were no physiological issues. That gave us the confidence that we shouldn't worry and just let him determine how much he ate. I understand how stressful it can be though!

practicallyunperfect said...

I had a similar issue with my oldest. I was def. not producing enough. I ended up switching to all formula and then not even trying with my second. I tried everything I could to increase my supply and nothing worked, so I ended up being happy with the decision. I hope it's a simple change
for you.

Emily @ Beauty and the Greek said...

Such a sweet little guy! I'm sure he'll have a giant growth spurt soon and all of your hard work will have paid off. What a sweetheart!

Stephanie Cox said...

Try not to stress to much on the percentiles. Connor is a little thing too.. he has been stuck at 26 pounds for almost 3 whole months.

Rosy said...

Emmett is getting so big and so adorable!! Enjoy all the little and big moments with your little one!